The location of this hotel is a winner. It is close to Union Square and Chinatown, and it is located in a nice area of SF. The staff was also extremely friendly, and it is relatively cheap for its value. However, there are a few things you should be aware of:
1. Parking is very, very expensive. Try to get a deal where parking is included. Otherwise, each day is $52 to park at the hotel.
2. The hotel appears to be renovated. You can still feel traces of the old hotel from decor and the not-too-perfect renovation. There was a red stain on the ceiling of our room that looked like blood. We decided that it was lipstick, but the mystery remains how the heck it got up there.
3. The windows are hard to figure out. They are in the corners of the room and it's impossible to close without calling someone to show you. Even with the window slightly open, it can get pretty noisy.
However, for its price (I paid $169/night inc. parking) I think it's a very worthwhile stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Méridien San Francisco is a newly renovated luxury upscale hotel located in a prime Financial District location and connected via pedestrian bridge to the businesses, shops, entertainment, theaters and cafés of the dynamic Embarcadero Center. Just steps away are San Francisco’s main leisure attractions such as Chinatown, the Ferry Building, and the California Street cable cars. From our location, enjoy convenient access to AT&T Park, Union Square and Fisherman’s Wharf. Le Méridien offers a professional staff and superior facilities, including Bar 333 with its lively happy hour and street level vibe as well as Park Grill Restaurant, serving local and sustainable fare for breakfast and lunch. Impeccable service is promised at every turn. The trademark of sophistication, our award-winning Les Clefs d’Or Concierge professionals, will treat you to the highest level of service. Discover San Francisco and Unlock our Destination, book your next stay at Le Meridien San Francisco. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Starwood, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Le Meridien San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Meridien San Francisco
- San Francisco Le Meridien
- Park Hyatt San Francisco