“What a stay”

Le Meridien San Francisco
Ranked #39 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 June 2012

I fell in love with this hotel. We got some sort of weekend deal, and while I can't remember the exact price, I remember being blown away at everything we received for the price.

So the hotel is beyond nice, and the location is great and central to public transportation and all the sites you'd want to see in San Francisco. The staff were amazing, and all in all, it was a great weekend getaway for my girlfriend and I! I'd suggest it for a friend with no hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
kkehs1, Front Office Manager at Le Meridien San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2012

Thank you for your comments and the kind words about your stay with us. We are a business hotel during the week due to our location, and this location is also the reason that our lesuire travelers are finding our hotel perfect for their vacations and weekend getaways.

I am very happy that you spoke fondly of our staff, we all try to ensure that we deliver our guest consistant personized service that gives the feel of home and we are happy that you expereinced that.

We hope you choose us again on your next visit to San Francisco.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,131)

Reviewed 24 June 2012

Let me start off by saying parking is over 50 dollars for a standard car and 90 for an suv. Price is per night. We walked to china town, little Italy and coit tower from our hotel. After eating dinner at the stinking rose we walked to Starbucks and considered seeing a movie at a theatre across the street. This embarcadero area is clean, close, and close to many places. The room itself is very plain but comfortable and clean. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 23 June 2012

The title pretty much says it all. Why is it that the cheapest hotels can offer perfectly functioning wifi for free, but these places that charge for it can't seem to ever get it to work? And when it does, it's the slowest, crappiest connection.

If 100 people a day use the internet, that's half a million dollars a year... why not spring for a world class internet provider (or even a cheap one... that works). I mean, it's not like you're in the middle of nowhere, you're in SAN FRANISCO, the technology capital of the world.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank muunkky

Thank you for your feedback regarding our internet service. While we do charge $12.95 for the use of our in-room internet service we do offer our guest complimentary options. Our Business Center is available 24 hours a day and located right next to the Front Desk and we also allow our guest a VIP Password that will allow you to access to the internet in our lobby.

As for the problems you experienced with the funcionality of the serivce, we have just completed a restyling of our system which included all infrastucture and increasing our adverage in room speed.

Reviewed 20 June 2012

Boutique hotel, great location, superb staff; room spacious, well appointed and clean; view of bay from our 15th floor windows; internet extra; expensive parking (valet parking has in and out privileges which had value for us); helpful concierge; excellent stay all the way around. Would choose to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper level room with a view of the bay
1  Thank tomandcynthia
Reviewed 19 June 2012

The staff and management of the Le Meridian could not have been more lovely and accommodating. Due to a death in our family we were required to make extensive modifications to our reservation, Kathryn (one of the managers) was most helpful and went out of her way to assist us. The location can't be beat, located at the intersection of the Embarcadero, China Town, and the Financial District.

Reviewed 15 June 2012

This is a nice hotel located in the Financial District, and near the Embarcadero. It is also within walking distance to the North Beach neighborhood. Efficiently operated with competent staff. I arrived late morning not expecting my room to be ready. However, the front desk clerk found a room for me so that I could check in early. I appreciated this effort. While it was not a view room, it was nice, spacious, and comfortable. Valet parking is very expensive ($52 per night) as is most everything in San Francisco. The only situation I found annoying was the luggage assistance and valet service which required three people, and three tips just to have my luggage picked up and taken to my car. First, the bellman (tip #1) came to my room to pick up my luggage. I assumed he would place it in my car. No. Once the bellman arrives at the front door of the hotel, he hands the luggage off to the doorman (tip #2) who loads the luggage. The valet then emerges with my car keys (tip #3). This is overkill and not necessary. Overall this is a good hotel and a good place to stay while in San Francisco.

Room Tip: There is a fire station in the neighborhood and the sound bounces off the buildings. I was on the 11...
Reviewed 13 June 2012

You know how you get what you pay for, well, at my clients' expense, this is true!

This hotel was top notch all the way! Right when you step through the lobby doors you know you've arrived at a great hotel. It's clean, modern, with cool art. Our rooms were large and the bed was comfy. We were well-taken care of by the staff. I was dealing with an injured knee and they were more then helpful bringing me ice and keeping my ice pack cold for me.

Food is expensive, but in part to be expected at a hotel of this type. Nonetheless, it was delicious.

It was a short 5 minute taxi to catch BART which if I recall correctly, cost us about $7 to get to the station.

Embarcadero is a nice walk up and down some steps, with cool shops, eateries&coffee cafes, an Indie Theater, and about 10 minutes of walking will bring you right out to the Pier. Hence deeming this a great location. This is also right across the street from a Starbucks too.

Recommend this hotel for business or couples!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business