2,260 results
All reviews the financial district ferry building embarcadero center park hyatt studio suite bay bridge nice view of the bay transamerica building sliding door farmers market business hotel high floor complimentary coffee few blocks third floor modern hotel sitting area
Reviewed September 18, 2012

When I recently stayed at the LeMeridien in San Francisco I woke up three consecutive nights in a row with bug bites. When I first went to bed around midnight, I had no bites but when I woke up around 6:00 a.m. the next morning, I had about six bites on my body. They were red and iched. In fact, the itching is what woke me up. The next morning, I again woke to excessive itching and noticed approximately six more bites on my body which looked exactly the same as the ones before. At this time, I was convinced there were bugs in the bed biting me throughout the night. I became even more convinced that I was getting bitten through the night because when I went to bed the third night around midnight, I again awoke around 6:00 a.m. the next morning with approximately six additional bites. All of the bites were on my torso area. I showed them each morning to both my husband and adult son and we were all totally convinced I had gotten bitten by bugs throughout the night. I reported it to hotel management and they "claim" (as I expected they would) they had an inspection done and no bugs were found but a formal investigation has been requested because I know, for a fact, I was bitten multiple times while sleeping in that hotel. So, if you stay here, I hope you don't get bitten.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Concerned248
kkehs1, General Manager at Le Meridien San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

LeMeridien has a detailed nuetral third party procedure in place that addresses any bed bug concerns. Clark Pest Control is contracted to do a thorough investigation of the guest room in question.

The inspection found no evidence of any bed bugs; and as requested the copy of the report was shared with you. All guest concerns and feedback is taken seriously at LeMeridien and personally handled in a timely manner.

We appreciate your business and feedback.

Pradeep Bobba

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We were very happy with this hotel. We didn't have a car and walking to sights or catching public transit was quick and easy. The surrounding area was clean, safe, and quiet at night. There are restaurants and a Safeway nearby (5 min walk). The hotel staff were friendly and helpful.

Our room was on the 15th floor, right next to the elevators. At night you could hear some noise from the streets below, but it didn't disturb us. We also weren't disturbed by people using the elevator. Hotels in the Financial District can be a little pricey, but we were able to get a better deal than the internet rate by calling the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Went to San Francisco for a weekend. The room was nice and large compared to others. Great view from the 20th floor. Cable car is two blocks away on California St. Room was quiet from hotel noise but you could hear fire trucks with their sirens on go by at night. Beds were comfortable and the room was clean.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

Paying a top price for a room but having to pay for WIFI service in your room is ridiculous. The extraordinary parking comes to $60 a night. Room was pretty and had view of Bay Bridge and the Bay. Good location. Great beds. The hair dryer is a very wimpy one with little power.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I'm currently staying at the Méridien as I am attending a conference nearby. $400/night (and this is the preferred rate) for a room the size of my closet at home. Restaurant (the Grille) is closed for a private event for 2 days (it would have been nice to know before booking), concierge with an attitude, not even a small store to buy a peak of mints on the premises. I expected a lot more from this property.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a high room, city views are quieter. Corner rooms have a small terrace every other floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business