“Excellent, excellent, excellent”

Le Meridien San Francisco
Ranked #39 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Great hotel, staff so nice and helpful. Room was great, huge tv, fast Internet, very clean. Slight negative that the financial district is quiet at night but more than offset by the fact that the hotel is so great. Used the gym as well and it was clean and modern.

I would almost certainly stay here if in San fran again. Last point, the bed was so comfortable that I almost couldn't leave the room.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,130)

Reviewed 18 September 2012

When I recently stayed at the LeMeridien in San Francisco I woke up three consecutive nights in a row with bug bites. When I first went to bed around midnight, I had no bites but when I woke up around 6:00 a.m. the next morning, I had about six bites on my body. They were red and iched. In fact, the itching is what woke me up. The next morning, I again woke to excessive itching and noticed approximately six more bites on my body which looked exactly the same as the ones before. At this time, I was convinced there were bugs in the bed biting me throughout the night. I became even more convinced that I was getting bitten through the night because when I went to bed the third night around midnight, I again awoke around 6:00 a.m. the next morning with approximately six additional bites. All of the bites were on my torso area. I showed them each morning to both my husband and adult son and we were all totally convinced I had gotten bitten by bugs throughout the night. I reported it to hotel management and they "claim" (as I expected they would) they had an inspection done and no bugs were found but a formal investigation has been requested because I know, for a fact, I was bitten multiple times while sleeping in that hotel. So, if you stay here, I hope you don't get bitten.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Concerned248
kkehs1, General Manager at Le Meridien San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2012

LeMeridien has a detailed nuetral third party procedure in place that addresses any bed bug concerns. Clark Pest Control is contracted to do a thorough investigation of the guest room in question.

The inspection found no evidence of any bed bugs; and as requested the copy of the report was shared with you. All guest concerns and feedback is taken seriously at LeMeridien and personally handled in a timely manner.

We appreciate your business and feedback.

Pradeep Bobba

Reviewed 16 September 2012

We were very happy with this hotel. We didn't have a car and walking to sights or catching public transit was quick and easy. The surrounding area was clean, safe, and quiet at night. There are restaurants and a Safeway nearby (5 min walk). The hotel staff were friendly and helpful.

Our room was on the 15th floor, right next to the elevators. At night you could hear some noise from the streets below, but it didn't disturb us. We also weren't disturbed by people using the elevator. Hotels in the Financial District can be a little pricey, but we were able to get a better deal than the internet rate by calling the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Went to San Francisco for a weekend. The room was nice and large compared to others. Great view from the 20th floor. Cable car is two blocks away on California St. Room was quiet from hotel noise but you could hear fire trucks with their sirens on go by at night. Beds were comfortable and the room was clean.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2012 via mobile

Paying a top price for a room but having to pay for WIFI service in your room is ridiculous. The extraordinary parking comes to $60 a night. Room was pretty and had view of Bay Bridge and the Bay. Good location. Great beds. The hair dryer is a very wimpy one with little power.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 13 September 2012

I'm currently staying at the Méridien as I am attending a conference nearby. $400/night (and this is the preferred rate) for a room the size of my closet at home. Restaurant (the Grille) is closed for a private event for 2 days (it would have been nice to know before booking), concierge with an attitude, not even a small store to buy a peak of mints on the premises. I expected a lot more from this property.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a high room, city views are quieter. Corner rooms have a small terrace every othe...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Bruno Z
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Booked this hotel, literally sight unseen on the internet, and got a terrific rate. I know most upscale hotels are not user-friendly when you use this mode of booking so I was prepared at check-in. The young lady gave us a room on the 19th floor overlooking other buildings and when I asked for an upgrade, for which I was ready to pay the difference, she suggested I call the next morning as it was the beginning of the weekend, a slower time, and speak with front desk staff.....which I did. Upgraded for minimal rate to the 24th floor, overlooking the Bay, Coit Tower, Bay Bridge (I don't understand another reviewer stating they could see the Golden Gate Bridge??), just an incredible view! Tecla on the front desk was so kind and patient and very informative. But if you want to know what to see and where to go - ask Laura, the concierge! This lady is a wealth of info and there's nothing you can't ask her. Made dinner reservations for us when direct calling resulted in a refusal! Puh-leeze try Wayfare Tavern (which Laura recommended) which is owned/operated by TV chef Tyler Florence and about 2 blocks away from this hotel. Food impeccably prepared with wonderful flavors/tastes/presentations. Try, for example, the lamb poutine! A bed of fries, covered with tender lamb, cheese and curds and grilled/broiled. Done to perfection. Their carrot cheesecake will bring a chuckle as it has a 'carrot donut' on it - lovely. Overall food was incredible. However, avoid One Market - overpriced, overpretentious, overhyped.
Le Meridien offers morning coffee/tea in the lobby and it's hot! Lots of middle of the night noise from a nearby fire station which makes a very noisy mournful wail! Also parking is incredibly expensive at $60+ per night at this hotel but you have in/out privleges whereas if you park at the parking lot across the street, once you take the rental car out - meter starts all over again. Don't even think about renting a car from Enterprise at Hotel Nikko because the hotel staff is ABSOLUTELY HOSTILE should you encroach their property for even a minute! Anger management is the rule here.

Room Tip: Beg at the front desk! Weekends are a bit slower. Ask for a Bay view. Coffee makers are available...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple