US$317
US$269
  • Pool
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$286
US$229
Hotels.com
US$279
Westin.com
  • Room Service
Hotel Carlton, a Joie de Vivre hotel(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$249
US$239
Hotel Carlton
US$233
Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$299
  • Restaurant
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
US$282
US$219
Official Site
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$247/night.

Holiday Inn San Francisco Golden Gateway(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$296
  • Pool
Hilton San Francisco Financial District(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$335
US$283
US$354
US$333
Cancelon
  • Bar/Lounge
2,219 results
All reviewsthe financial districtferry buildingembarcadero centerpark hyattstudio suitepark grillbay bridgenice view of the baytransamerica buildingsliding doorfarmers marketbusiness hotelhigh floorfew blocksthird floorsitting areaconcierge desk
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I was in town for business and tired of staying at the nearby Westin. Nice room, roomy, clean, quiet. Nice sized bathroom. I got in very late and had to work in the room so i got room service dinner which was pretty good. The room service breakfast was great delivered quickly and yummy.

A minor issue was that I booked a room with a view of the San Francisco bay and while I did get this room, the hotel is a bit far from the bay and the view was 85 percent blocked by other hotels and buildings.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed September 22, 2012

The hotel is contemporary without being far out. My room was a good size and had a divan. It was very quiet at night even though it was facing the street. There is a good gym and free Internet for those of us without Iphones, etc. The people were very nice and helpful.

The location is a bit of a problem; it is very near the Embarcadero, but you have to walk through (or past) four blocks of the Embarcadero Center complex to get to the Ferry Building etc. The hotel is in a business district and there are not many places to eat at night or on weekends. Also, it is a bit of a walk to get to the BART station.

But all in all, the positives outweigh the location; I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Out_of_valley
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I found this deal randomly on hotwire.com after desperately trying to find a place in SF. So, that said, I was much less critical. However, as others have alluded to, there were some problems with cleanliness-- there were other people's hair in the bath (not that I was going to take one anyway.... but). Otherwise, it was clean (clean sheets!) and good room service, staff was nice, easy to find taxis etc. Would I stay here again if I wasn't in a pinch or paying full price? No, but it was a good hotwire deal.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Let me start with the few positives - I liked the location because it relatively close walking to landmarks. I liked the modern design of the hotel. The bed was comfortable. That's all I've got.

Now for the negatives (and there are many): The biggest issue we've had has been financially. We prepaid for the room about 3 months before our stay. Upon arrival, they took my credit card to place a hold on it, as most hotels do. I was very surprised, however, when the next day a charge of almost a 2 night's stay showed up on my bank account. I inquired at the front desk. I was told that it's typically a $100 hold, but for some reason that computer was charging me close to $500. But I was told that it's just a pre-authorization that will come off when we check out. I guess that should have raised a red flag, but I let it go. On our second to last day there, another almost $500 charge showed up on my account, which caused my bank account to be overdrawn. This time, I asked to speak with a manager. I spoke with someone named Kathryn who was not very helpful. She couldn't give me a good reason why the computer wasn't registering that we had prepaid. Then, instead of taking care of the situation herself, she told me I would have to call my bank and explain the situation to them so they could contact her about it. A good manager would have called my bank herself. Again, she told me it was just a pre-authorization hold that would reverse when we checked out the next day. I went back up to my room to call my bank, but couldn't reach anyone since it was a Sunday. Since we were checking out the next day anyway, I decided to just let it go and wait for the charges to reverse after checking out. I did contact my bank the next day to be sure I wouldn't be charged any overdraft fees, and the rep I talked to said there is no reason why the hotel couldn't have contacted them to have the charges reversed. Now, 3 days after checking out of this hotel, ANOTHER charge of almost $800 has been charged to my account. This one, however, is not a pre-authorization - it was pulled right out of my account. I called the hotel this morning and am still waiting on a call back to get answers. I was told they would call me back after they "verified" my hotel reservation. That was 45 minutes ago. You can see how important they think their customers are.

I would expect mistakes and behavior like this from a hotel like a Days Inn, but a $260/night hotel? They should be bending over backwards to make sure I'm happy.

Other negatives: the thing I disliked about the location was that, since it is the Financial District, it was empty at night. Some may consider this a good thing because noise was reduced, but walking back to the hotel at night felt a tad unsafe.

The walls were paper thin. I could hear people talking in the next room our first night there. It sounded like they were talking at a normal level. I could also hear their phone ringing through the wall.

Not a huge deal, but our favorite TV station didn't have sound for the entire stay. Every other channel did.

The bathroom didn't offer much privacy because it had a sliding door instead of one that locked into place. The toilet was very loud upon flushing.

The temperature of the room was very uncomfortable. I set the thermostat at 65 because it was so hot in our room, but I never really felt the room cool down. I would sweat through the night and have trouble sleeping. I've never had this problem sleeping at any other hotel.

I did not complain about the TV station not working or the temperature in the room while we were there. If I had, they may have been fixed for us, who knows. And if those had been our only issues, I would not have felt the need to come here and air our grievances. But the continuing financial issues we've had with this hotel just make me realize how poor everything else turned out to be for the price point of this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Lori S
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Great hotel, staff so nice and helpful. Room was great, huge tv, fast Internet, very clean. Slight negative that the financial district is quiet at night but more than offset by the fact that the hotel is so great. Used the gym as well and it was clean and modern.

I would almost certainly stay here if in San fran again. Last point, the bed was so comfortable that I almost couldn't leave the room.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple