2,254 results
All reviewsthe financial districtferry buildingembarcadero centerpark hyattstudio suitebay bridgenice view of the baytransamerica buildingsliding doorfarmers marketbusiness hotelhigh floorcomplimentary coffeefew blocksthird floormodern hotelsitting area
Reviewed August 5, 2008

What a wonderful hotel. I highly recommend it. Our room was fantastic. As it was our honeymoon, we were upgraded to a room on the 20th floor with a view of the city and bay. The room itself was great - modern, amazing bed and nice bathroom. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel. I didn't want to leave!

One complaint is the price of parking - it is valet only and was $56/night. If you stay here, park next door at the Embacadero Center as it's $30/night.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2008

Excellent all around, no complaints. Stay here!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2008

I've had a number of business trips to San Francisco recently and have been slowly trying out various hotels. I have to say I was bit skeptical about staying at the Le Meridien given its location, but TripAdvisor reviews convinced me otherwise. And they were right. While I was only there overnight, I was very impressed. Check-in was the one area I'd leave for improvement, although that always comes down to the specific person. Otherwise, the hotel was immaculate, well-designed and user-friendly. In typical Starwood fashion, I was given an available upgrade to a junior suite, which was very much appreciated. The room was spacious, comfortable and trendy. They gym was iniviting and impressive. All-in-all, other than not being in the center of a lively nightlife, this is a hotel I highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2008

On the one hand, I am amazed at the positive reviews on this site, while at the same time I can appreciate them -- that is, if you avoided a room with BEDBUGS.

I spent two nights at Le Meridien in October 2007. As a loyal Starwood member (though I typically stay at the W Hotel chain), I stayed there (and spent $400+/night) based on my positive prior Starwood experiences.

I thought the hotel on its face was great -- excellent location, nice rooms, great views, etc. Unfortunately, I awoke Saturday morning after arriving late Friday with a series of bug bites on my torso. Given that it had been a warm fall night the evening before and I was out walking in the city both before and after dinner, I thought it possible they were mosquito bites. Not having had any prior experiences with (or knowledge of) bedbugs, I didn't give it much thought and headed out for the day.

When I awoke the second morning (I returned to New York later that day), I found yet more bites -- this time much more uncomfortable and prolific -- on my arms and hands. At this point I should have figured out something was amiss, but I was in a rush to meet friends and catch my flight.

Only upon returning to New York where the bites continued did I do some research, ask around, etc. and discover that I had brought home bedbugs. They ultimately infested two rooms of my home, and cost me $4000 in extermination costs and to replace my couch and headboard.

Upon notifying the hotel of what had happened, I was blithely informed that "after your inquiry, we checked the room and, thankfully, no pests". Multiple e-mail and phone exchanges with management were fruitless, and ultimately I gave up after a final conversation with the manager who assured me that they had received "no other complaints".

Having (sadly) become an expert on bedbugs, I can assure you they were acquired at THIS HOTEL. I would say stay at your own risk, keep your bags off of the floor and take all other precautions you will find on the internet on avoiding bringing home bedbugs.

Good luck out there....

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled solo
10  Thank theatine
Reviewed July 26, 2008

If staying in the financial district of San Francisco, I cannot recommed Le Meridien enough. The rooms are all newly renovated, with tasteful furnishings. Service was absolutely exemplary. The in-room dining was excellent (I only ordered breakfast) although quite expensive. The room was reasonably priced for this part of SF, and if you appreciate fine service and attention to detail, this is your hotel.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)