2,269 results
All reviews the financial district ferry building embarcadero center park hyatt studio suite bay bridge nice view of the bay transamerica building sliding door farmers market business hotel high floor complimentary coffee few blocks third floor concierge desk modern hotel
Reviewed May 8, 2009

I got a really good deal via TravelZoo which help make this hotel awesome. We loved being in the financial district instead of the tourist area. We got to be with people that lived in San Fransisco and isn't people watching half the fun of travel. The hotel was very hip, clean and nice. We had restaurants, coffee shops, stores right outside our window. The only negative was the giant water stain on our ceiling.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank spth005a
Reviewed May 8, 2009

I have stayed in many luxury hotels in large cities and none come close to comparing to the experience of LeMeridien San Francisco. The attention to detail is impeccable at LeMeridien from the sheets they use, to the staff they hire, to the decor on the wall.

LeMeridien San Francisco has an understated elegance without being too stuffy that makes it the perfect hotel for business or pleaure. In addition, it is in the perfect location for everyone... it has nightlife, venues for the family and some of the best restaurants within San Francisco all within walking distance.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank hdhan10
Reviewed May 6, 2009

We knew the LM would be good but it vastly exceeded our expectations in every way. The hotel itself reminds me of higher end, understated properties in Europe. Although we had booked a relatively inexpensive room, we were upgraded (albeit on the basis of Starwood status) to a corner luxury suite on the 24th floor with a view of the Bay, Alcatraz, the Embarcadero, and beyond. The room was splendid! Spacious and comfortable. Not one item (stray hair, tidbit of paper, debris, etc.) left over from the previous guests. While we did hear the sirens (fire station immediately around the block from the LM), the room was in all other respects incredibly quiet. Staff couldn't have been any more helpful, courteous, and accommodating. All other trips to SF have included stays near Union Square. We agreed that we really liked the LM's location as it was w/in a couple of blocks of the Ferry Terminal and the Embarcadero, and was w/in a 10 minute walk of both Union Square, Washington Square/North Beach, and Chinatown. Everything about this visit made for a special anniversary celebration. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VikingNomad
Reviewed May 5, 2009

The Le Meridien Hotel is located between China Town and the Embarcado around the corner from the Transamerica tower. The lobby is stylist and the staff welcoming. The rooms are also stylish and a reasonable size for a city hotel. Overall a very favourable impression. We had a corner room overlooking the Embarcado Centre and did not experience any unwelcome noise. The housekeeping staff were friendly and provided a good service. There are convenience stores, cafes and bars nearby. It is possible to walk to China Town or Union Square if you are feeling energetic. The cable car on Mason and the Embarcado market are a few blocks away. The only negative is the valet cost for parking - $56/night, ouch!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Golden-mole
Reviewed May 3, 2009

I attended a conference in San Francisco but wanted a less expensive option to the host hotel. I found a great rate on Expedia and booked the Le Meridien. My room was huge with a nice view. Great amenities in the room i.e. robe and linens. I loved the fact that the sliding glass doors opened for fresh air. I was a little disappointed that there was no in room coffee. They do however have coffee in the lobby until 9 am. The restaurants in the hotel are very pricey as is room service. However, the Embarcadero shopping/dining is just across the street with adequete options. I can't say enough good things about the concierge who gave me great directions and made my reservation for the Alcatraz Tour and was very precise about timing and travel to the pier. If I ever had occasion to go back to SFO and could find a good rate, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business