All reviews games room rock n roll nespresso machine skee ball union square great location shuffle board funky hotel cool vibe fun hotel amazing hotel room service hotel bar small room front desk staff definitely stay here again fitness center
Reviewed April 4, 2018

The hotel has a cool style, interesting decor and in a good location. However, the entire hotel smelled like dog pee. That's not an exaggeration. Literally from the moment you walk in you get this whiff of pee or something worse. It didn't stop in the lobby - it is in all the rooms, halls, & elevator. In my room, I had to spray almost an entire bottle of perfume to try to cover the smell. Since that didn't work, I made 4 cups of coffee in the in-room coffee machine and walked around the room to make it smell like coffee. That kind of worked. I brought back leftover marinara meatballs from an Italian restaurant and left the container open so the smell of the food would cover the terrible stench. That eventually worked and I could rest easy. Except now my room smelled like perfume, coffee, and meatballs. Something needs to happen with the smell!! I traveled with 6 other people, all in different rooms and floors of the hotel and all said the same thing about the smell. It was terrible. If they fixed the smell, it is a good hotel.

Date of stay: February 2018
Reviewed April 2, 2018

Very groovy hotel with a pop/rock style. Our room was a good size, comfortable bed, very clean, loved the decor, great wifi service, front desk staff was very pleasant. The restaurant attached to the hotel (the Rambler) had a fantastic breakfast, great music in the evening and the cocktails were nice. Would highly recommend this place.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank ameyer587777
HotelZeppelin, General Manager at Hotel Zeppelin San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2018

Hi there ameyer587777,
I am so thrilled to hear that you had a blast at our hotel! We pride ourselves on being a funky, hip hotel with lots of fun activities to partake in while you are our guests. I will be passing along your praises to the management over at our restaurant Rambler, they will be ecstatic you enjoyed breakfast and cocktails! We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Peace & Love
Antonio Flores

Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

This is a very lovely hotel, found the rooms to be a good size, nice big TV to watch, shower was lovely etc
Only thing I would note for the money I paid they should supply some kind of continental breakfast, yes you got free coffee but that wasn't that good.
Also I got charged for 7 bucks for a bottle of water that I did not drink and was still in my room when I checked out. I only drank one small bottle that I was given.
I would like to say I would stay here again but it was just way to expensive.

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank 4x4rocker
Reviewed March 28, 2018

I definitely had my doubts when I first made this reservation but after spending 2 nights here I was very pleased with Hotel Zeppelin.
My room was not in the main building but the one that you had to go to 4 then take a ramp then take another elevator to arrive. This part definitely confused me and I had to go back down to the lobby to better understand. Once I found the ramp it was fine but give yourself time if you're in that building. Also, making the transit felt a little creepy.
My room was small and looked into the center of the hotel with the ACs, not much of a view. I could also see into other rooms but I closed the blinds - they also had blackout shades. But aside from the space it had all of the amenities of a larger hotel. Nice big digital TV, robe, spacious clean bathroom. I kind of liked that they had the shampoo/conditioner in big bottles and noted that if you take them you will be charged $35. First time I've seen that and I thought that was inventive.
My room was super quiet which was a huge plus. The lobby seemed cool but was smaller than I thought it would be. I didn't have time to visit the game room since I was on a work trip. However, I would stay here again. Since my work was paying, I don't feel that extra tug that others might feel but the added $25-$30 for the hotel fee is confusing and there doesn't seem to be a way around it...why not just add it to the hotel room rate?

Trip type: Travelled on business
HotelZeppelin, General Manager at Hotel Zeppelin San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2018

nycbuttercup,

I am glad to hear that you enjoined staying at our unique boutique!
On your next stay take a moment to visit my favorite part of the hotel. The game room! You will not be disappointed. Please give us a call next time you would like to stay and book directly so we can get you in a sunny, spacious room in our main tower! This way we can also have all taxes and fees disclosed at the time of booking.

Peace and Love,
Antonio Flores

Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

I spent 6 nights at the Zeppelin on a business trip. It was a relief to get away. I'm a frequent traveller but this was the first time I had to change my room not once but twice. The first room was over a bar with loud music. The second was next to a bridge crossing from one part of the building to another so I could hear every guest arriving or leaving. For the third room they downgraded me from a king to a queen without actually telling me that I would get a much smaller room. It was tiny and still noisy from the fans outside. When I checked out they charged me the full rate for the king room and promised to get in touch to discuss the difference. Why do they need to get in touch rather than factor in the price difference immediately? I've never encountered such poor service and lack of interest or care for the comfort of a guest. I didn't sleep well, I was overcharged, and I had to deal with spiteful people at reception. It's surprising that such a hotel would be listed on Tablet and be part of a premium hotel group. If you hope to be treated with care and respect, look elsewhere for your accommodation in SFO.

Trip type: Travelled on business