2,834 results
All reviews games room dart board ping pong fisherman's wharf johnny rockets food truck giant connect table tennis life size great location funky hotel fun hotel nautical theme balcony room beach street partial view around the corner
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I went to SFO for our 28th wedding anniversary. The room was about as far as you could go and still stay in the same hotel, but that’s ok. The strange thing is rooms 3110 and 3111 share the same outside door. Once you open it there are two separate doors for each room. When we first got in the room we were impressed with how it looked, but that soon changed and went down hill from there over the next few days. The first issue we noticed was that the windows were so dirty you couldn’t hardly see out of them (we paid extra for the view) I’ve posted several pictures of how bad they were and there was a large glob of gum on the outside of the window. As we were unpacking the wife said come and loot at this. Inside the drawer was a very large black bug.

Our next issue was the TV didn’t have a remote. The wife called the front desk and talked to the lady who said she would send maintenance right up with one. Well an hour latter no remote. I called down and got the lady again and told her that maintenance hadn’t showed up with a remote. She told me the same thing. About an hour later maintenance hadn’t shown up so we went to supper where we spent just under two hours eating. As we walked back we wondered if we had a remote. We decided that the wife would go to the room and check, and I would wait for the call. Didn’t take long before she called and told me that there wasn’t a remote in the room. I went over to the front desk and talked to a gentleman and told him they had 4 hours to have gotten us a remote. I told him it was time to get off their butt and get one to the room or move us to another room. He again reassured me that he would call maintenance and have them bring one up. As I was going back to our room I ran across a man pushing a utility cart. I asked him if he was the maintenance man and he said he was. I asked him if the front desk had called him about the remote for our room. He told me no one had called him. When I told him the issue with the remote he grabbed one out of his cart and came to the room. Two tries later and he got one that would work. He never did hear from the front desk.

Starting the next few days when we were in our rooms between about 10am and 10pm we couldn’t even talk or rest because of the street performers yelling into a PA or beating on a drum kit. This was nonstop and on Sunday night They were at it until 11pm.

The only good thing was the distance from the hotel to Fisherman’s Wharf. We could walk anywhere in the Pier 39 area within 10 minutes. I don’t really see the hotel fixing any of the issues I’ve written about because it’s people in and people out. I just hope this will open someone’s eyes. It could be a great place to stay if the staff gave a crap. One day it will catch up with them. I guess my problem is I expect more from a hotel where I’m spending almost $400 a night for a room.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GeorgeTulsa
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The location of the Zephyr is great. It is just around the corner from Pier 39. You can walk to transportation to get anywhere in the city. The beds are comfortable, but the rooms are small with no place to sit except the bed. It appeared to be clean. Unfortunately, we had to wait an hour beyond the 4:00 check-in time to get into our room, and it was frustrating as our group had been up since 2:00 in the morning. There is no restaurant on the property but there are places close by.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great place friendly staff, it could do with a little update, but don't let that put you off, as the rooms were clean. we had booked a deluxe suite with 2 queen sized beds, but on arrival were given a room with one king sized bed, but the lady on reception apologised and rectified the problem, and the hotel is situated right in the hub of the main attractions. I would recommend staying here.

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Upon walking into this hotel I straight away loved the vibe of this hotel. The design and style is great, young and relevant. The rooms were extremely comfortable and the WIFI was faultless. The outside area with the seating areas and fire pits were a nice touch (especially when it was so cold when we were there). There was a games room and a gym that we didn't get to make use of but looked great as well. The check in was probably the most efficient check in that I've ever experienced. The concierge were extremely helpful in giving us recommendations and helping us book a tour to Napa and Sonoma. And you cannot fault the location of this hotel. It is perfectly located on the wharf with close access to Pier 39, Alcatraz tours and not far from Golden Gate Bridge as well. I would definitely stay here again if I went back to San Francisco.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very well located for tourists! Near the Wharf and many other tourist attractions. There isn’t a restaurant in the hotel-would be nice for breakfast.
We booked and paid in advance for a specific room type; this was our 40th Anniversary trip. We did not get what we paid for so I contacted the manager. He made a concession on what we paid and said he was sending up an anniversary gift. Four days later at checkout no note regarding concession (and we never received gift)! Reason why? Manager no longer employed at the Zephyr and he didn’t leave any notes. Ultimately, the staff pretty much believed us and we ended up paying a little more than he had promised.

The hotel itself is pretty much like other mid-range hotels except the Zephyr has a game motif (nicely done). Lobby and game rooms are urban, rustic. Game room and fire pit on patio - fun!

Beds were super comfy after a long day of walking! Good TV.

One irritation, ice machine on 4th floor out of order for the entire week. Pain to always have to go to another floor.

I’d stay here again!