6 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Staypineapple.comUS$155
PricelineUS$135
Expedia.comUS$135
Hotels.comUS$135
eDreamsUS$135
StayForLongUS$168
1,293 results
All reviews pineapple theme union square great hotel rooms are small boutique hotel bottled water tenderloin great stay few blocks front desk staff bed was very comfortable our honeymoon big city homeless people definitely stay here again central location valet parking
Selected filters
Reviewed February 22, 2021 via mobile

The stay here was amazing, customer service is good with directions on where to park and locations to visit, also most importantly it’s super clean and sanitary. Also did I forget it’s also dog friendly!

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank IsmaelRamos_0
Rhodora Escobar, General Manager at Staypineapple, An Elegant Hotel, Union Square, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2021

Hello IsmaelRamos_0,

What a lovely review, thank you for your kind words. I am glad that we were able to help you navigate around town and provided you with recommendations. We appreciate you noticing the details we've put into making sure that our rooms are in clean and perfect condition, this means a lot to us.

Reviewed February 18, 2021

We had came here to stay one night and we had our Shepard mix mix with us. The rooms were clean and cozy, and they even gave us a dog bed, food/water bowls, and LOTS of doggie treats!! The staff was extremely friendly and welcoming and the front desk lady Stephanie was the most sweetest and kindest person ever!!! Very helpful and made us feel welcome. Will definitely stay again if we come back to the area!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank orileyi
Rhodora Escobar, General Manager at Staypineapple, An Elegant Hotel, Union Square, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2021

Hello orilei,

We are so happy that you had a great time at Staypineapple San Francisco. Thank you for sharing some of the highlights of your stay and for bringing your dog along with you, it is always a delight when guests brings their pets. Stephanie and the team are wonderful at what they do, I cannot wait to share your awesome review with them.

See you next time.

Rhodora Escobar

Reviewed February 18, 2021

My first time in San Francisco and Stephanie was such an amazing host. I was exhausted but Stephanie was able to check me in and answer my questions and I did have many. She made me feel like I had a comfortable stay, she's really left a great impression for this hotel. Will recommend to friends and family!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank johanaf87

Hi Johanaf87,

Thank you for the awesome review and for recognizing Stephanie as an amazing host. We just love reading how our service have impacted your overall experience. We appreciate the recommendation and we cannot wait to welcome you back.

Respectfully,

Rhodora Escobar

Reviewed February 15, 2021

This hotel is located in the Union Square district of San Fran, which is disgusting, urine smelling, homeless ridden and a junkie infested area. I will not let the location of the hotel distract me from the quality of the hotel, however the quality of the hotel was subpar. I knew the hotel did not offer parking so I was not expecting parking, HOWEVER I was not expecting the nearest parking garage to be 0.2 miles away. While that may not seem like a long distance, with BAGS and suitcases it is a VERY long walk! I paid 35 per 24 hours for parking at the Mason O'Farrell garage. Luckily, I checked in through the link before arriving and was hoping that check in would be speedy! It still took 10 minutes to check in because the front desk agent wanted to talk even though she saw we were exhausted from the walk, furthermore she wanted to have a conversation about what I did for work when she saw my monitor that I brought. Finally checked in, we were informed that we were allowed $10 a day to use for snacks or drinks which eased our pain a little bit. UNTIL WE SAW THE ROOM. This was the tiniest hotel room I have ever stayed in! My apartment bedroom is bigger than this hotel room! This hotel is not suited for guests who bring their work with them or guests for a long term stay. Also, the bathroom was nice, however the bathroom shower "door" was not a door, more like a half door that still allowed PLENTY of water to escape the shower. Lastly, the walls are paper thin, we could hear drunks throwing up in floors above us at 5am and the city noise is insane, plus all of the crime we heard outside of our window. For instance, we heard a woman pointing fireworks at people and about ten minutes later we heard sirens and saw her get arrested. I will NEVER stay at this hotel or ANY hotel in Union Square. Save your money. Go elsewhere.

p.s. the A/C is noisy and the room does not offer enough circulation for the temperature to ever be right. While the blankets are nice and comfy, they are too big for such a small space!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Austin W
Rhodora Escobar, General Manager at Staypineapple, An Elegant Hotel, Union Square, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2021

Hello Austin,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I want to apologize for the negative experience at the front desk during your check-in. You are right, we should be respectful of your time by recognizing that you were tired and did not want to engage on a lengthy conversation, we will be more mindful of this in the future. Despite our small rooms and the odd design to our bathroom, I hope we where able to at least provide you a comfortable nights rest. San Francisco is beautiful, but like many other cosmopolitan cities in the US we do have our challenges. I hope that you'll give us another opportunity to welcome you back at Staypineapple.

Reviewed February 15, 2021

The front desk person charged me an extra $150 on accident on top of the initial hotel fee along with an extra $50 for cleaning fee. Now I am supposed to wait for who knows how long till the bank refunds me for this. Here I am waiting for my money to come back with only $11 in my bank account. ALSO since there is no parking at this hotel I received a parking ticket to make matters worse. :)
If you want to get overcharged $150 and get a $84 parking then I highly recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank 191leena

Hello 191leena,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I understand your frustration regarding the credit card hold, It can take up to 10 business days for the release of the funds. I would like to get more information from you so I can help locate you booking and fix the over charge that you mentioned. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me at 415-223-9239.