The Inn at Union Square - A Greystone Hotel
US$177
Hilton.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$245/night.

Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
US$188
Omni Hotels
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$252/night.

US$169
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$203/night.

Hotel Carlton, a Joie de Vivre hotel(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$159
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$213/night.

US$143
Savings alert! 48% below average rates

The price you found is 48% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$275/night.

Holiday Inn San Francisco Golden Gateway(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$142
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$235/night.

US$270
US$186
Westin.com
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$273/night.

Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
US$159
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$248/night.

Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
US$244
  • Pool
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$263/night.

Hotel Diva(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$155
US$134
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$168/night.

1,785 results
All reviewswine and cheeseunion squarecontinental breakfastother guestsevening cookiesfreshly baked cookieswarm cookiessmall hotelboutique hotelhard boiled eggsbrick wallyogurtevening winepost streetsitting areaceiling fanperfect location
Reviewed August 25, 2012

The Inn staff provided exceptional service, with genuine friendliness and ever-positive attitude. The housekeeping staff was very diligent and helpful, even went so far as to ask if she could fill up my coffee cup. The front desk staff was the best I've seen in any big chain or small botique hotel. Omar and Anne provided top notch concierge services as well as handling the front desk responsibilities, even to the extent of offerring to handle our luggage, flag down a cab, and mapping out the safe (and sketchy) parts of town. All this, plus more than your typical continental breakfast (think: hard-boiled eggs, many types of breads and pastries, OJ, coffees, teas galore, cereals, yogurts) all available on each floor, and readily re-stocked by very cordial staffers. Same with the wine hour (actually 5:30 to 7) set up on the 3rd and 5th floors, with 6 bottles of wines, 3 kinds of cheeses, meat, crackers, cans of sodas. And, oh yeah, don't forget the freshly baked cookies each night. The Inn is located in between 2 art shops, and then Morton's and Farallon's, both with great deals on their bar food menus for a light dinner. Located behind the Inn, you'll find the San Francisco Playhouse, were we saw My Fair Lady. Both the Inn (and the theater) sell out in advance, so make your plans accordingly. One last note, when we asked for a foam pad for our mattress, the next thing we knew a NEW mattress was brought in while we were out touring. Service that can't be beat. The Inn should be #1 on TripAdvisor!

Room Tip: Queen mini-suite had two windows that opened for great ventilation. Noticed the King suite across the hall had one window, so the guests propped the door open.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wavefanz92649
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Yes the location is excellent but other hotels have excellent locations. Yes the rooms are tasteful and clean but so are many other hotels rooms and many are much bigger. So what makes this place great?. There are two reasons this hotel stands out from the others. First, the most awesome friendly professional staff truly go out of their way to make sure your stay is perfect. From the front desk to the cleaning staff to the technical support for our computer- Wow. They treated us like were family visting. We were especially attatched to Omar at the front desk. We just love him.
Second, the extras the hotel provides make it truly in a league of its own. Happy hour everyday is so much fun and what great way to meet and get tips from fellow tourists. Continental breakfast has everything you need and the coffee is really good. Freshly baked cookies when you come in at night (thanks Joe) to nibble on while drinking a cup of tea is the perfect way to end each evening. It is simply my favorite hotel in the world.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I really enjoyed the location of the hotel being so close to a lot of my favorite stores. I was able to walk in less then five minutes, which is really convenient, especially in San Francisco since parking is a real hassle. I really enjoyed my stay there. It wasn't loud at all when I was trying to sleep either.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I travel a great deal for work and usually stay at high-end international chain hotels where I have enough points to get nice rooms and special amenities. But in San Francisco I stay at the Inn at Union Square because there isn't a place that makes you feel better than this little place.

Indeed during the six days I just stayed there no fewer than 4 different hotel guests, total strangers to me, commented when we were in the elevator together that it was an exceptional place it was and they were glad they had found it.

This is not a hotel for those who want ultra modern minimalism and edgy young staffers with more attitude than service orientation, the decor is more traditional; it reminds me of small nice, family-run hotels in Europe I used to visit 40 years ago.

Every single staff person at the Inn--and I mean every single one--is friendly and helpful. They dash to push elevator buttons for you, run out to the curb to grab your bags, remember every preference you have from past trips, provide all sorts of concierge service as if it really was a treat for them to help you, clean the rooms thoroughly and cheerfully, and always say hello when they pass you in the hall. Even the night desk people try to find ways to be helpful. When they thought my sink had an issue (I didn't see anything wrong), they dashed out on a Sunday afternoon and bought a new part and were back in ten minutes with it.

The rooms have comforts many hotels have eliminated. They have thick robes, a large selection of bath amenities, turn-down service with chocolates and fresh water, high quality umbrellas, a superb free breakfast (with remarkably high quality granola among other things), excellent cookies in the lounges every afternoon, newspapers delivered to your door, etc. The windows open (not just a few inches either--you can actually get fresh air all night) and the free wi-fi works well.

I normally only stay in hotels with excellent 24-hour fitness centers but SF has perfect running weather year-round so I don't mind that the Inn doesn't have such a facility.

It must be because the staff is so nice to everyone that the guests are nice to each other as well. You don't realize how the anonymity and coldness of most hotels affects you until you stay in a place like this. It isn't that anyone is overbearing or too inquisitive, just genuinely friendly and helpful. I watched guests carefully bus their own breakfast dishes (which include huge thick cloth napkins and nice china and cutlery) even though they could have left them in the lounges or in their rooms--something I doubt guests would do in most hotels. It is just that sort of place. Indeed part of me hopes not too many people will discover this place and ruin the magic.

Room Tip: I've liked all the rooms I've been in. Rooms at the front get street noise if you leave the window open all night--cable cars go right by so you can hear the rails, but they also have front and back windows in the suites so you can get flow-through air.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We were suppose to arrive on a Tuesday but because our plane from Chicago was diverted to Salt Lake City and then cancelled until Wednesday ( no pilot) we arrived in San Francisco at 2:00 pm on Wednesday with about 3 hours sleep. The hotel was very understanding and the next day when we returned from a day of sightseeing we found a wonderful note of understanding, chocolates and a bottle of champagne. The 5:00 pm daily h'or derve time was great. The 8:30 pm cookie time was also very nice. Staff members Ann and Omar were very helpful throughout our stay. Small hotel with a big heart and a perfect location.
Tom and Rose

Room Tip: Rooms are small so we suggest a Junior Suite.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple