1,441 results
All reviewsclub levelnob hillbeautiful hotelone bedroom suiteunion squarehouse carluxury hotellobby barthe entire staffturn down servicebell stafffour seasonsrental caran upgradethe financial districtvalet parkingferry building
Reviewed June 18, 2018

Have stayed at this hotel about three times now and the rooms are well appointed but the bathrooms are small with only one sink. I would give this a 5 if they had two sinks. The service is great and they have a great coffee machine on the club floor. the hotel is quiet and the windows do open which I always look for hotels that I can get some fresh air into the room. The beds are comfortable.

Stayed: May 2018
Reviewed June 15, 2018

Needs updating, but once you get through the long walk to rooms they are very plush. The restaurant is top-notch and I took the time to enjoy a long multi-course meal which i normally do not when travelling for business. For solitude and a quiet retreat, this hotel rocks.

Stayed: April 2018
2  Thank John D
Reviewed June 13, 2018

Check in: Used mobile check in. Absolutely faultless experience - all staff were so welcoming and helpful. I used the Marriott mobile check in. Everything was ready at the counter.

Rooms: We had a double queen room - it was very spacious, clean and very stylish. Again a faultless experience.

Amenities: The gym was fantastic - a lot of equipment, it was cleaned and regularly maintained. Bar and restaurant had great service and awesome food. There is a lounge however beware that this is only available to ritz members - marriott elites do not have access (same goes for many other benefits you would expect at Marriott, it just isn't available at this property).

Location: You are right in Union square, so only a few blocks away from the action, however it is on a hill and can be a little challenging to walk around for those that may be less mobile.

Overall: you cannot get anything better than the Ritz Carlton. If you are a Marriott fan this is a good choice, but beware that all your benefits may not work here.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Scottc84
Reviewed June 12, 2018

My mom was in town and I wanted to treat her to a nice weekend in San Francisco. The Ritz-Carlton San Francisco had a special through Chase Travel Rewards so I decided to book a 2 Queen Bed room. The hotel is located on Nob Hill, a block away from Chinatown, and within walking distance of Union Square and the Financial District (if you don't mind the hills). The front desk staff allowed us to check in early, which was greatly appreciated, and every person we came in contact that worked at the RC was very friendly. The rooms are spacious! All are equipped with Nespresso machines and Asprey products. The hotel doesn't have extraordinary views of the city, given its height, but the building is an architectural marvel. It's also intimate, which is ideal if you want a quiet and enjoyable hotel experience. This is my first RC stay and I have to say that I was very impressed. Looking forward to staying at this and other properties in the future.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Trevor M
Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

I booked two rooms for this hotel and left my card to reserve both. Online it asked for a name for each room, under one I put my name, the other a friend’s name, who will be visiting for part of the stay. Three of us were to stay in the two rooms, with my friend going later for a day or two. So, when I arrive I am told I can only book one room, even though I booked and paid for two rooms. I explained that the other person was not here and would not be here the whole time, so just put the rooms under one name, mine. They said no. Even though my friend never booked anything, I could not use the two rooms I booked. Beyond that, the staff are not welcoming and the hotel looks like an ordinary Marriott. There are much better choices. I will never stay here again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank CrankyCritic
Josh G, Front Office Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2018

Good Afternoon CrankyCritic,

My name is Josh Gordon and I am the Front Office Supervisor at the Ritz-Carlton San Francisco.Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. I was disappointed to read that we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay with us; for this I sincerely apologize.

The experience you described is not characteristic of the level of service our associates strive to
provide. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please let me know the best way to reach you or you can of course reach me at 415-296-7465 at any time. I look forward to speaking with you in order to restore your
confidence in The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco.

Warmest Regards,