“Second time staying here, just as impressed”

Travelodge at the Presidio San Francisco
Ranked #58 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We're from the UK and this was the second time my wife and I have stayed at this hotel. Great location, great service and staff and a great price too. We booked over the phone with the GM Tyler Shanahan and he gave us a very good rate which would have been hard to beat.This time we were actually blessed with 4 days of sunshine and warm temperatures which made a great difference. Thanks again to Tyler and all the staff, we'll be back I'm sure.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
TLPresidio, General Manager at Travelodge at the Presidio San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Hello again! I'm so glad you got to enjoy our atypical, sunny, San Francisco weather this time :). It was great to see you a second time and we really appreciate the review!

There are newer reviews for Travelodge at the Presidio San Francisco

Reviewed 25 March 2012

I stayed here for three nights this past week and found myself very satisfied with my visit. Seeing as the hotel isn't as expensive as many in the area, I found myself with fairly low expectations. I was very pleasantly surprised to find a very nice, spacious hotel with a great mattress, TV and bathroom.

The location couldn't be better. I walked all over the Marina and Presidio without even needing my car. I found the complaints about lack of parking space to be somewhat unfounded. Every night I managed to get a spot, even after returning as late as 11 PM two nights. There's a little bit of neighborhood noise at night from a bar around the corner and a preschool next door means children yelling at 8 in the morning, but those are minor complaints.

Also, I found the neighborhood to be exceptionally safe, even late at night. That can always be somewhat of a concern when staying in a city. It's very residential around the hotel.

It would have been nice to have a mini-fridge and an iron in the room.

Another highlight of the stay was the very helpful and friendly staff. Bruce (I think) checked me in by name and was very welcoming when I arrived. The concierge, Raymond Archer, also was exceptionally knowledgable and helpful every morning.

I'm fairly discerning about where I stay and while there are definitely cheaper options in the area, but I can confidently say in terms of "value" i.e. what you get for the price, this hotel can be considered a smart choice.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Colin D
TLPresidio, General Manager at Travelodge at the Presidio San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

Thank you for the detailed review of our property and the city. The preschool next door can be noisy at times and we do our best to work with them on limiting the hours. The Marina district is one of the safest parts of San Francisco and we are glad you found us nestled away off the beaten path. Thank you again and we hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 24 March 2012

Exellent value,location,cleanliness,up to date technology,and afriendly profesional crew.from housekeeping to the GM Tyler Shanahan;we had booked for 3 nights,but mother nature decided decided to(cry)relentlessly.I asked Tyler what the latest we could cancel the 3rd night to avoid penalty he gave me the answer immediatly and sugested a number of things to do on a stormy day.I will stay here again without a doubt .

Room Tip: Ask the front desk with a smile
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for posting a nice review about our hotel. We do our best to ensure each guest has a tailored experience while visiting San Francisco. Each employee is well educated on activities in San Francisco. I hope you had a safe drive back to LA, see you soon.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

We stayed here for a 4 night stay in February. It was not overpriced so good value compared to most other hotels in San Francisco, but had everything we needed and more so an ideal choice. We asked for a larger room because we had a lot of luggage and got it. Lovely big comfy bed, large TV and decent size room. Shower was good. Has a in-room safe big enough for a laptop too, but at an extra charge of $1.50 a day. Breakfast was great to have thrown in and Wi-Fi was fast. The general manager, Tyler, was fantastic throughout our stay and made us feel more than welcome, giving us plenty of great advice on eateries, bus routes and places to go, so thank you Tyler! More than enough maps and things at the front desk too.

Location is close to Golden Gate bridge and nice quiet residential part of town. About 5 mins walk to the bus stop to get the bus into town, which takes about 20 - 25 mins. Ok so you could stay somewhere nearer in town, but it'd be noisy, you'd pay a lot more and probably get less for your money - bus service is perfectly good if you don't have a car, which you don't really need in this city but would be useful if you're short on time. Definitely recommend and can't wait to come back to San Francisco, which is a fantastic city!

A quick tip for the cable car - if you're going on the main Powell/Hyde route, it is usually very busy after about 1pm and you will be queuing for a while. Go in the morning when it's quieter.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
TLPresidio, General Manager at Travelodge at the Presidio San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

Wow, what a detailed review! Thank you! It was a pleasure hosting you and getting to know you both. We appreciate the great summary of our hotel. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday and to see you again soon!

Reviewed 18 March 2012

Our stay at this motel was enhanced 100% by the manager Tyler that bent over backwards to make our stay as pleasant as possible. As well he gave great bus directions and restaurant suggestions and things to see and do.
It was easy to get around by bus from here to see this great city.
We would stay at this location again and have already recommended it to friends.

Room Tip: Room 305 has good light as some of the other rooms were dark inside.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for recommending us to your friends, as well as here, on Tripadvisor. We are proud to provide excellent service and are glad we helped so much. We look forward to you next visit.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

We have stayed in San Francisco multiple times. It is a rare occasion when we find a place where it it totally quiet. We found it at the Travelodge near the Presidio. It was a good price, a great location and the best part - we got a wonderful night's sleep! It wasn't fancy but all of the "creature comforts" were there - very comfortable bed, great pillows, clean bathroom with soft towels and a friendly, helpful staff.

We were on the 3rd floor and there is no elevator so be aware of that. The helpful desk person did offer to help us with our bags, but we were fine carrying them ourselves. They do offer a complimentary breakfast, but we were eating with family so we passed on that.

Parking is first come, first serve so be aware of that, too.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Well we sure are glad you found us! We appreciate your nice review and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 January 2012

My friend and I, along with my little dog, enjoyed the clean and comfy,large,quiet room with a two minute walk to the Presidio Gate, where little Katie could do her business. The staff, Bruce, Nikki and Oliver were very helpful with directions and advice about dining, etc. The price was very reasonable and little Katie got a large bag of doggy treats and my friend and I received a free coffee cup. How great is that?

Room Tip: Great rates and great when traveling with animals.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank tastydelight
TLPresidio, General Manager at Travelodge at the Presidio San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2012

All of the staff was so pleased to see their names online! Thank you for the review and bringing Katie along. We love to say hello to our guest's pets. Enjoy the coffee mugs!