“Love affairs w/ Kimpton Hotels continues....”
Review of Hotel Triton

Hotel Triton
Ranked #66 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I had been passing this hotel for years whenever I go to SF and I take my early morn runs through the Chinatown gate which is "right there" by the hotel. I always said I would stay here if I bring the family to town. Well it happened and could not have been more pleased w/ our stay.

Checked in for 3 days and we had a little problem w/ our room and the staff could not have been any better in getting us resettled. New room was a king on the front of the hotel and our girls stayed in a double nearby. Neither was big but both had all the "right stuff', were very cool and ultraclean.

Of course the lobby is very chic, passerbys peer in all day long as its so cool, wine from 5 to 6pm, great coffee and tea in the morning and a location that literally is in the middle of everything. GREAT shopping, lots of walkable restaurants, easy access to the street cars, trolleys, BART (Montgomery stop) and of course, Chinatown.

What made it a '5 " experience was the service. The 'Live like a local" campaign is actually a grass roots effort to identify great places the workers like to be part of locally and they had great hints on what to do, We spent a good deal of time asking directions, chatting uo the wine servers, playing w/ the cute dogs in the lobby, accessing info the whole time for hints and finally a really comfortable town car ride to the airport at a taxi rate.

Loved the beds and linens, the bathroom shampoo and conditioner, the $10 raid the mini bar certificate, the easy and free wifi for being a Kimpton's member and the family felt pampered, We had fun and we stayed in a very COOL place so Dad had made a great choice....

Room Tip: Quieter in back, kings in front.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Triton415, General Manager at Hotel Triton, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Hello MysticKid ~ Thanks for the awesome review. I'm glad to hear that you and your family had such a great time. Our live Like A Local board is a great way for us to share with our guest what we like to do when were out and about. Next time you’re headed our way ~ give us a call and we can make sure your hanging with the locals in no time.
Till then,
Antonio Flores
antonio.flores@hoteltriton.com

Reviewed 22 February 2012

Recently stayed at the Hotel Triton for the 2nd time and enjoyed it even more this time! It's a fun, artsy place to stay. Location is fabulous, price is right and you feel welcome and comfortable from the moment you arrive. Can't wait for my next trip!

Reviewed 21 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel at the recommendation of a friend while I was in town for a conference, and I was exceptionally pleased with my stay. The rooms were clean and I loved the funky decor. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful, and really went out of their way to make us feel welcome. The evening wine reception was a great way to meet fellow travelers, something I enjoyed very much. The location was perfect as well. overall, I couldn't have been more pleased with our stay, and I will most definitely stay at this hotel for any future travel to San Francisco.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

The Hotel Triton is located across the street from San Francisco's Chinatown. It is only a few blocks away from Union Square and many of the theatres. We requested early check in but our room was not ready. No problem, they took our bags and parked our car and off we went. When we returned, our room was ready. Comfortable room accommodations and "fun" decor! We enjoyed the Hotel Triton's no charge Wine hour from 5-6 p.m. and then went around the corner for dinner at Le Central. After dinner, a walk to the American Conservatory Theatre to see a play and then a nice walk back to the Hotel. The following day, we again were able to leave our bags and car, check out and still walk around the City some more. The Hotel staff was always more than accommodating and helpful. To top things off, after completing a survey, the Hotel Manager sent us a personal "thank you" email....impressive! We will definitely stay at the Hotel Triton again!

Room Tip: We had a room facing the street and it was not noisy. We did however, have our air conditioner on l...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mops1234
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I love the Kimpton hotel chain and I have stayed at many different hotels. My friend and I just returned from San Francisco and like usual, the staff is very friendly and the hotel is very clean. My only negative comment is that the bathrooms are too small and the rooms itself are a bit small. Especially if you are having more than 2 people in a room. I would rather stay in a larger room so there is space to put your luggage etc. In addition, China Town is nearby so a bit noisy if you are facing the street.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Where to start...the Hotel Triton is truly an experience not to miss...true to Kimpton style , funky, fun and first class all the way. The Triton team is what really makes the stay..the truly care and are proud of their property....Stella and I love the location...great scene, restaurant attached is wonderfull (do breakfast.)
Cheers to another wonderful experience...
Tom and Stella

Room Tip: Ask for fun room. You will understand once you open the door!
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Excellent service, perfect location and great value (through AA.com). Will come back soon!

• Stayed: February 2012
Triton415, General Manager at Hotel Triton, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

Pacman1825 ~ thanks for the great review! Next time give us a call directly ~ we would be happy to take care of your reservations.

See you soon,