3 people are viewing this hotel
US$259
Free cancellation until 23-02-12
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$259
Free cancellation until 23-02-09
Vio.com
US$199
Hotels.comUS$259
TravelocityUS$259
AlgotelsUS$288
2,483 results
All reviews corner room window seat hip hotel south of market high floor business trip bathroom door union square city view lobby starwood desk sfmoma moscone elevator conference valet
Selected filters
Reviewed September 6, 2016 via mobile

Stayed at the W for a few nights in mid August. I got one of those emails about making my stay special and instead of deleting it like I normally do... I responded. Much to my delight and the delight of my girlfriend I will simply say they over achieved upon check in and once again at turndown. Even knowing the awesome quality of a W - I was impressed. I will always choose the W when I'm traveling to San Fran.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hello Jonathan,

Thanks for the love and it looks like you discovered a secret when responding to those e-mails that looks like templates, and we're glad you did! We truly stand behind our service promise "Whatever/Whenver" so make sure to get personal when staying at a W.

Come back whenever you are in town. We wold love to keep WOWing you in true W style.

Safe travels,

Reviewed September 6, 2016

Style is contemporary and modern with quirky lighting and features. The rooms are spacious and comfortable with great views across the city from the higher floors. The rooms have all amenities you could ask for. The bar is great with DJ playing great tunes, or too loud so you can still talk. Great location less than 10 minute walk to shops and restaurants. Staff are friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room tip: Great contemporary hotel in great location
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hello Emma,

Thank you for the lovely review. We loved how you detailed so many amenities in a short and concise way. We recommend you!

Don't forget to swing by and say hello when you are back in town. We would love to accommodate you again.

Reviewed September 6, 2016 via mobile

Had an amazing time at the W San Fransisco such a modern upbeat hotel with amazing decor the hotel has a great feel and smell to it the room had an amazing view of the city and was very clean it also included every facility you could ask for. It would have been nice to have in room wifi complimentary however it was available in the lobby

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hello Queen of the Skys!

Thank you so much for taking your time and writing us this lovely note.
We are glad you had an amazing experience at W San Francisco.

Don't be a stranger and swing by and say hello when you are in town!

Reviewed September 5, 2016

Every single person connected with this hotel maintains a focus on service. Not just providing great service, but actually looking for opportunities to provide. I sat at the bar, with some packages that were falling out of their bag, before I noticed someone from the hotel did, and came over with fresh bags to transfer it goes on and on. Speaking of the bar of special note Brian O. Yes he is an excellent and observant and excellent bartender, but he; and it's not hyperbole; is a kind remarkable person. I had a completely unrelated issue to anything at the hotel, Brian heard, and didn't just go out of his way to help; he actually did resolve it for me. He helped me out in a real bind, mostly by extending kindness, concern and actual genuine solutions. He is indicative of the type of people who work at the W and the standards they maintain. No BS. I travel a great deal, and have for years; the W and Brian maintain standards so high, you may not be used them. However for them, it's just another day

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Sethgoesherenthere

Hello Seth,

WOW! Well thank you very much for the kind words, it really means a lot to us and our associates. I actually did share this lovely review with the whole property, recognizing Brian O's connection with you. We are so very proud to have Brian in our team.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
Please swing by and say hi next time you are in SF!

P.S. We love your display name by the way.

Reviewed September 3, 2016

It's important to note my review is not of the property but of their excellent customer service, management and accounting departments. I had booked a non-refundable room for my sister's 30th birthday and life threw us a curve ball 3 months before we were to travel. She was diagnosed with cancer and we had to cancel our trip. The W was wonderful to work with in getting a refund back to us for our stay that we no longer were able to take. Needless to say we appreciate their empathy and flexibility and will absolutely be back to celebrate!!! Thank you W San Francisco.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Hello,

First and foremost, I'm so sorry for the not-so-minor curve ball that you shared with us. W San Francisco sends you, your sister & family all the W love possible to overcome this challenge.

I am glad to hear that our talents were able to solve everything on the operational side in this situation. I will make sure to share this shout-out with our team.

Until next time.