2,356 results
All reviews bliss spa bliss products trace restaurant pac man corner room moscone center trendy hotel bay bridge museum of modern art living room yerba buena gardens lobby bar high floor bathroom door business trip union square market st
Reviewed March 28, 2018

The W Hotel in San Francisco was kind of like an aging rock star. There was a lot of effort made to ensure it was seen as hip and youthful, but when you look beyond you find lots of basic issues that most other hotels would see as standard.

In one night our shower would drain, the hot water ran dry oddly quickly and the air-con began making a strange wining noise, the toilet flush was deafening and a temperamental TV remote. In the hotels defense, they did attempt to compensate us and responded relatively quickly. However, when you are being charged those prices, it is still disappointing.

There were also a few encounters with staff at the restaurant and main reception which made us feel a little bit like if you weren't a supermodel or hipster, the customer service could border on rude.

For what it's worth, the location was great and we got a comfy bed; but what good is it to be the coolest cats in the industry, if the basics fundamentals need this much work?

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
wsanfrancisco94103, Manager at W San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2018

Hello,

Thank you for the genuine feedback, I truly appreciate the time you took to send us a note.

I want to apologize for the hiccups that we created in your stay. Those are definitely not the memories that we are used to generate in our guests. If you don't mind me asking, in regards to the maintenance issues, did you report these with our team? Just making sure that we know what we are failing in so that we can fix it.

I know you left with a sour taste but I hope you'll give us a second chance next time you are in town, if so, please feel free to connect with me personally.

Have a lovely weekend.

Own the moment,

Natalia Silva
Marketing Manager
@wsanfrancisco

Reviewed March 27, 2018

From our hotel, we could see the San Fran - Oakland bay bridge and the lovely skyline of market street/ downtown San Francisco. At night the view was breathtaking and worth the visit. The room was typical W fashion; nothing extraordinary but the view at night made the room so much better!!! I’d stay again just for the view! It was also close to Market street so we were able to grab the F trolley/bus quite easily to the Fisherman’s Waft!

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2018

Nicely kept rooms, breakfast is good. Convenient location.

BUT, I am Platinum Ambassador and have never gotten a suite. This is despite staying several times a year.

I'm tempted to make the Palace my go to.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Rocky A
Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

We had room 1514 which was a corner room with views out of all the windows and oversized. We enjoyed the jazzy trendy room, the fitness center was circular in design with windows in the ceiling. The breakfast deal offered to Platinum members was perfect for a great start to the day. Customer service was just impeccable in all ways. They even had mats in the elevator that said Good Morning, Afternoon and Evening.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed March 16, 2018

I came here two weeks ago for a friends' trip and couldn't be happier that we chose to stay here. Love the lobby and the bar...spent a lot of time at the bar. Drinks were very expensive, but I guess that is the status quo in both hotel bars and San Francisco.

Our room and bathroom was really big and nice! had a great view with a little window ledge to sit on.

I also never usually care about the bathroom toiletries in a hotel, but these were very nice! :)

I can't testify to the location of the hotel because it rained and we ubered almost everywhere.

This was my first stay at a W property, but it certainly won't be my last.

Although to park the car here overnight was outrageous! I guess that is to be expected, however.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends