2,355 results
All reviews bliss spa bliss products trace restaurant pac man corner room window seat moscone center trendy hotel bay bridge museum of modern art living room yerba buena gardens lobby bar high floor bathroom door business trip union square
Reviewed July 30, 2018

Fabulous room - great view, trendy and spacious;
The let down for us was by the night manager Santiago - there was an error on our account, so the staff member went out the back to call the night manager. He kept us waiting for 10 minutes - no apology when he finally came out. He wanted proof - alright I did provide this. He kept us waiting another 10 minutes.
He was unfriendly, accusatory and unapologetic and made no effort when the error was not our fault. He did correct the error, however it should have been handled differently. Perhaps he should undergo some training in relation to handling a variety of situations. We left with negative feelings towards this establishment, which is a terrible shame as it is a nice hotel. Would be great if there was a lap pool. If I was in the area again, I don't know if we would stay here again purely for the way the night manager handled the situation and the way we were treated. Customer service is very important to us and especially when on holiday.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
wsanfrancisco94103, Manager at W San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2018

Hello,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us and sharing this honest feedback. We appreciate you.

I genuinely apologize for the bad taste you left us with at your most recent stay at W San Francisco, it is definitely not the service culture we are so well known for. I have personally connected with Santiago and our welcome desk team to review this interaction and on behalf of our team, we are so sorry that we missed the opportunity to create a WOW experience and amazing memories at W San Francisco.

Please connect with me personally next time you swing by, I would love to make sure we'll reverse the bad taste, W style.

Own the moment,

Natalia Silva
Marketing Manager
@wsanfrancisco

Reviewed July 29, 2018

Front desk took care of us and made sure our stay is very good! Being a platinum member, they provided breakfast and room upgrades. Very close to lots of shops, trader Joes, and restaurants. Short walk to China town and restaurants.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are bigger.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2018

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel, the service was great,helpful and professional. I was able to book a nice corner view room and had asked for a quieter room. I was not disappointed. Had great rest and relaxation and was re energized for another day in the city. This hotel is conveniently located and with in proximity to 2 Bart stations.

Room Tip: Just ask, they will try their best to accomadate.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed July 25, 2018

We were in San Francisco for the Rugby World Cup Sevens at AT&T Park and splurged on the W for the weekend, what a great choice. The staff were courteous and accommodating the service was excellent throughout our short stay. We were offered a corner room for a slight up charge and we were very pleased we took itt. Our beautiful room was very large; our two kids slept in cribs semi-secluded from us, so that My wife and I could enjoy some time together in a sitting room type of set up. The concierge was very helpful in helping get our bearings. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you want to be in the Financial District.

Room Tip: Corner Rooms are quite large
Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Gerry C
Reviewed July 23, 2018

Staff were friendly and helpful. Valet guys were great. Room was a decent size, for a family of 4 we found it reasonable. Room was clean and design was modern, in true W style. Location was also central. Next door was the MOMA SF so very convenient. I think that if you are looking for a central location, this is it. Fine for a family, not like the W Hollywood, which is more of an adult focus hotel (although we stayed there and didn't have any issues). Highlight would be the tabletop video game in the lobby where we played Galaga!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family