“Lively fun and fab seafood!”

Sotto Mare Oysteria & Seafood
Ranked #39 of 5,981 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Reviewed December 17, 2017

I loved this place so much that I dined there two nights in a row! I dined solo at the bar counter the first night and had the best smoked salmon linquini, while chatting with friendly diners and watching the busy exhibition kitchen. The second night, my friend and I ordered the crab cioppino (it serves two), donned the bibs provided to us, and had fun diving into a fabulous meal! I look forward to returning here on future visits to the city.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,173)

Reviewed December 15, 2017 via mobile

Worst service that I had in SF...
waitress was so rude and impatient that we decided to not eat there .... that’s a shame .

Reviewed December 15, 2017 via mobile

I had coworkers visiting from Texas and Boston. Decided to treat them to old world charm of North Beach Italian seafood. I made a reservation and was surprised when we went down a flight of stairs I had never seen before. We were in the dim, windowless, tiny, loud, low ceiling basement. Sorely lacking the charm and atmosphere of the main dining room.

The food and service were, as always, amazing. Try sandabs and scallops!

Not exactly the experience I was hoping to share with out of towners, but still worth the visit.

Reviewed December 7, 2017 via mobile

Phenomenal food and service. Scallops, Chowder and Crap cappino where great. Highly recommend. Just a quick 15 min walk from Fishermans Wharf, great to take in the sites on the way

Reviewed December 7, 2017

Lovely fresh seafood served in a friendly, neighbourhood style atmosphere. The staff was friendly and welcoming and so were the other people eating at the bar. The only thing that might bother you here is that it's a bit crowded when busy.