See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed December 13, 2016

I originally booked this hotel through Hotwire and they had it listed as a 3 star hotel. I travel for work and so am familiar with properties with ranging star ratings. I went online and looked at the hotel's website and felt okay with my booking, I kept in mind that photos aren't always accurate. Upon entering our room and looking around we were quickly disappointed at what we saw with the accommodations. First, the sheets had stains on most of them, the floor was quite dusty, and the restroom was not clean. My partner and I ended up buying cleaning supplies and cleaned the restroom and mopped the floor throughout. The shower fixtures had an excess amount of calcium build up on them and the shower walls had stains that we managed to scrub off. We ended up checking out the next morning, 4 days earlier than planned. I'm sure the property is good for some, but it wasn't what we had expected. It should be noted that the property is in a great location, right downstairs is a store that sells all sorts of lunches and soups. Main hotel area and shopping is a quick walk away.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2016

I had to stay at this hotel once, because I had a last minute business trip and there was no rooms available. It was my first and making sure that it is my last! Very old rooms and has a musky odor. It seems like the 70s and 80s mushed together. I thought Sun hotel was bad, this beats them all! Make this place as a last resort!

Stayed: July 2015
Reviewed January 12, 2016 via mobile

The hotel was acceptable. My room was large and had dishes and a hotplate for cooking. The bathroom was the one thing that did not meet my standards. There was mildew and soap scum all over the bath tub. Fortunately I brought my shower shoes so I didn't have to touch the floor. I was only using the place for a place to sleep since I was just going to be out drinking. If I had to spend time in the room I would have had a horrible time. Only stay if you just need a bed.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Clinton C
Reviewed June 21, 2014

1. RATS: I rented 2 rooms for 4 nights. In room 210, we could hear chewing above the bathroom ceiling day & night. We saw a rat run into a hole to the right of the top step before arriving on the 4th floor to enter the diving gear wash room. We also saw rat droppings. We notified the Bureau of Environmental Health @ Phone: (670) 664-4870/2/

2. BEEPING SMOKE DETECTORS: The hotel is using smoke detectors similar to the kind used in homes in the USA. The low battery beeping sound is very annoying. There were several alarms beeping on each floor. It was hard to sleep with that all that beeping.

The things I liked about this hotel were:
1. Courteous staff who spoke English
2. Clean & comfortable room, except for issues mentioned above
3. Kitchenette in "Superior Room"
4. Having a grocery on 1st floor was convenient
5. Wash room for diving gear is a great convenience

Room Tip: I would stay here again if the rats were eradicated and the smoke detectors were fixed.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank MusicCityHiker
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Whilst it was a virtually free stay with a best price guarantee claim, the condition at the hotel is terrible. The management spent minimal amount on room maintenance and the room was full of insects!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo