“Amazing”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Spiral staircase to second floor
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Adelphi, Maryland
“Amazing”
Reviewed 16 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

I can't say enough about this gorgeous cottage! Everything and anything that I could possibly want was already available to me.

The location is stunning and I loved sitting on the water at night and looking up at the trees that were covered in these little bright lights that looked like stars. It was so peaceful and relaxing!

The Owners were lovely and I fell in love with their dog Cloe. I really felt like I was at home because they were just so inviting.

The cottage was clean and cozy and I just can't wait to go back.

Robert S
“Peaceful Getaway on the Gorgeous Potomac River near Harpers Ferry”
Reviewed 21 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017
people found this review helpful

My wife and I stayed 2 nights here for our 5 year anniversary. We also brought along our dog. We had plans to go into Harpers Ferry, but the amazing amenities this cottage has to offer kept us from leaving. We fished on the dock, hung out on our private deck overlooking the water, went for a tandem kayak ride with our dog, rode the golf cart around, rode bicycles, and watched cable television at night. There was a large field for our dog to run around in off leash and that was his favorite thing to do. The bedding was extremely comfortable, and we were able to cook breakfast each morning in the kitchenette (full sized fridge, microwave, toaster oven, 2 plate hot plate, sink, and all required dishes and utinsils. There were so many things this cottage had to offer that we were not able to do everything. We even found ourselves having trouble to get the motivation to leave for dinner each night. We will be making this a regular trip, provided there is availability. Bill and his wife Robin were so nice to us and met every need we had. The Riverkeeper Inn is a nice, quiet, semi-secluded property that gets you away from the hustle and bustle of the city, and the only thing I would change about my trip would be extending the length of my stay.

Your age range 25-34
jse68
“absolutely amazing!”
Reviewed 30 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017
person found this review helpful

I don't want to talk to highly of the cottage because i want to keep it to ourselves, but it is too beutiful. Bring nothing because it has everything! only bring clothes and food. It is a beautiful well appointed cottage with all the modern amenities that i could live in, it's that spacious. It has everything you could need. I was looking for a quiet, peaceful and private weekend get-away for my GF and myself and i found it. We brought our dog Baxter and he had a better time then we did, running around in the open space and making new friends. Nicely located between Harpers Ferry and Shepherdstown. Less then 15 minutes away from either and nicer then and B+B you'd find in either location. Beautiful view of the the river. we will return in warmer weather to enjoy the river and the outdoor activities in town. And there is an Expresso Machine!
Thank you for opening your slice of heaven to us.

1 Feb 2017
Wow what a wonderful review. Thanks, we are glad you loved it. Please come back we loved having you.

Janine H
Martinsville, Virginia, United States
“Great Getaway Location”
Reviewed 4 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016
people found this review helpful

The efficiency cottage is well thought out and offers nice amenities. (The espresso machine really makes a fine cappuccino!) Convenient to Harper's Ferry, Shepherdstown, Antietam National Battlefield, C&O Canal and AT. Pet friendly; lots of extras we did not even have time to use. Many thanks to the owners for creating this space.

As noted, the spiral stair is not suitable for everyone, but there are outside steps and the option of a sleep sofa. Shower is tiny, but quite functional! (Who wants to spend their vacation in a shower anyway?) Other guests left thoughtful notes and good restaurant suggestions, as well as a plethora of brochures and books on local attractions - very helpful.

11 Jan 2017
Thanks so much for your kind words. We appreciate it.

dabar68
“Great place to stay, even in the off season!”
Reviewed 11 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016

Our house was rented through VRBO over the same weekend so we opted to get out of town. We saw the great reviews for the River keeper Inn and decided to check it out. We had a wonderful time! Since we regularly rent our property, it's always interesting to see how other people do things and we really learned a trick or two that we'll take back home with us. Great communication with the friendly owners who let us bring our two small Dachshunds with us. The amenities were perfect with plenty of room for us and the dogs. You could put up two couples with the sleeper sofa or a couple of kids. Two couples would be a little tight but you wouldn't be tripping over one another

I thought the spiral staircase was quaint and made the best use of the space. A previous reviewer commented on the smallish size of the shower but we found it more than adequate. We would definitely like to come back in the summer (our stay was in Dec) to fully enjoy all this beautiful property has to offer. Pricing was extremely reasonably and pictures do not adequately convey how beautiful it is here!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
12 Dec 2016
Thanks so much, you guys are great. Hope to see you again some day.

958snow
Warminster, Pennsylvania
“Serenity”
Reviewed 20 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

The cottage was adorabable. The view of the river, and the sounds of nature were so relaxing. The location was a short drive to everything.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
23 Sep 2016
Thanks for the kind words. We enjoyed having you. Please come back again.

BmoreBlon...
Baltimore, Maryland
“I had one happy teenaged grandson!”
Reviewed 21 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

My 14-year old grandson is a HUGE fishing enthusiast, and he had no problem catching fish here. The owners are VERY accommodating and friendly, the location along the Potomac is very picturesque, and the little "cottage" is adorable! The only thing that detracted from our stay was the tiny shower stall, and the very tight spiral staircase. As someone who has lower back issues, these were a bit of a challenge for me. Everything else was just wonderful!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: I loved the easy access to the water, and I loved the double swing.
Liked least: I disliked the cramped conditions of the tiny shower stall. I would suggest either using a removable shower head, or installing an outside shower for the summer months.
Travelling group: Teenagers
Recommended for:
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
22 Aug 2016
Thank you for the comments. If we changed anything, the shower will be the first. Your grandson is quite the sportsman. Hope to see you again some day.

Riverkeeper Inn
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing