“Spooky and great tour!”

Ranked #2 of 4 Tours in Harpers Ferry
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: America's oldest ghost tour is an approximate two hour walking tour around several blocks of the historic "Lower Town" section of Harpers Ferry viewing a number of sites and buildings that have had ghostly phenomenon reported in or around them over the years. Tour includes both legends and historical events which may account for some of the ghostly happenings. These stories of Harpers Ferry's history, legends and unexplained phenomenon are appropriate for children of all ages. Always best to call to make a reservation and check website for dates that we are closed.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Hold on to your loved ones, this tour will make even the bravest jump in fright! Bringing history to life, with a mix of great storytelling, dance, interactive discussion and frightening moments, don't miss this when you're in the area...!

1  Thank Maeve C
"spooky stories"
in 6 reviews
"fun evening"
in 8 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 14 reviews
in 7 reviews
"historian"
in 51 reviews

Reviewed November 16, 2017

I used to go to the Harpers Ferry Ghost tour as a child when it was run by Shirley and then her granddaughter. They were great! Rich, a natural storyteller, well-versed historian, and gifted singer, most certainly does it justice! It was too cold to walk around the town, so the tour took place in the church. Yet, Rich still managed to get me totally spooked! He is very knowledgeable and entertaining. It was a great experience and I'll certainly be back. I even took a picture of the famed "hog alley" as I was walking (alone) back to my car. I took one without flash and then immediately took one with the flash on. The one without the flash has a weird blue thing on the left. I don't know what it could be, but I'm glad I didn't notice it until I got back home safe!

Reviewed November 10, 2017 via mobile

We scheduled this ghost tour and unfortunately were unable to do the walking tour due the cold. That being said, the tour guide did an amazing job bringing the stories to life in the church. I literally left the church scared and curious at the same time. Must do if you are in town.

Reviewed November 10, 2017

this was a great tour, lots of fun! Very great story teller, historian and I would say humorist Rick is your guide! Harpers Ferry is beautiful during the day and very interesting at night! the town takes on a different feel in the evening when the Park services buses quit running and its very quiet ! Kinda of like Mackinac Island after the ferry boats stop running for the evening.... be prepared to walk. We really enjoyed the tour!

1  Thank Shawn F