Open today: 7:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Book In Advance
Tours from Moab Canyon Tours tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around Moab
from US$179.19
from US$119.46
from US$107.51
from US$69.00
More Info
All reviews rock of ages zero gravity guide sam blue john adventurous spirit great guide rock climbing experience best experiences of my life every step of the way these guys an amazing experience highlight of our trip comfort zone highly recommend this company felt safe helicopter ride day adventure
Reviewed April 4, 2018

First trip to Moab and first time in a canyon. My guide Sam was amazing. He made me feel safe and relaxed the whole time. The canyon itself was amazing. I came to Moab for rock climbing but am leaving obsessed with coming back to explore more canyons. I will definitely be calling these guys when I come out!

Date of experience: April 2018
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed March 29, 2018

Our guide Sam says this everyday he is in the canyons and the energy is contagious. Just finished 2 awesome days of canyon adventures and camping out in the high desert. Highly recommend doing overnight option as it gets you out of Moab and allows for watching sunsets, hanging out by the fire, and soaking in the full desert experience. This is the third trip that we had Mike organize for us... and he is part of the family now. Great challenge, great fun, we will be back. Thanks Mike and Sam!

Reviewed March 26, 2018 via mobile

We just completed a 3/4 day canyoneering trip with Moab Canyon Tours. What a phenomenal day! We are a family of four beginners (2 adults mid-50s and two teens ages 14 and 16). We originally booked on Friday, but our tour was cancelled on Friday morning due to pouring rain and thunder storms. I very much appreciated Moab’s concern for safety. Fortunately for us our tour guide Sylvan had Saturday off and offered to take us the next morning instead. We did a trip called Rock of Ages. The trip involved a hike into the canyon, some ascent up and three rappels down. As many of the crevices were filled with water from the previous day’s rain making our way through the canyon was challenging, but Sylvan was amazing and we managed to have us do the whole thing without getting wet. Sylvan is the perfect guide, the perfect balance of highly professional yet relaxed. We always felt encouraged and never felt rushed. Despite the height of the rappels we always felt safe and in excellent hands. The canyon was spectacular and the fact that we had it completely to ourselves was very special. It was an amazing experience all around and definitely the highlight of our trip to Southern Utah. Our thanks to Sylvan and Mike at Moab Canyon Tours for the experience of a lifetime!

Reviewed March 26, 2018

My husband planned the Rock of Ages cayoneering trip for my birthday and it was an amazing day. Though Sam could literally drag anyone through the canyon, I'd advise having shoes with grip and some experience hiking/climbing. It was a blast spending the day with a guide who knows so much about the area and has such a passion for his job. He's pretty good with the airdropped photos too. Thanks!

Reviewed March 25, 2018

It was my family's first trip to Moab and we wanted to do and see as much as possible in the 3 days that we had. We found the Heli-canyoneering tour and thought it sounded fun and different. We had no idea what canyoneering was (thought it was rapelling into different canyons and then hiking or walking out). We were helicoptered to the site by Ben of Pinnacle Helicopters (an incredible way to travel in Moab!) where our guides, Mike and Sam, awaited. We had two guides because Sam was learning this particular canyon - Little Blue John - and it was a good thing that we did because our lack of knowledge and ability (my lack of ability honestly) would have probably presented problems with just one guide. These guys were super patient, positive, and fun. (My son said, "make sure you put that they were very encouraging and funny in your review!")
It was an unforgettable way to experience Moab. First from above, with the helicopter ride, then from below - actually inside Moab - with the canyoneering. Mike and Sam clearly love what they do, are fantastic at it, and although I was extremely nervous at times, I never felt for a moment that we weren't in good hands. Even though we had never done anything like this before and really had no idea what we were getting into, we loved it and would definitely do it again.