All reviews cedar bend outdoor shower la sal mountain retreat enjoyable drive wrap around porch wedding venue toaster oven watching the stars mountain range beautiful mountains these cabins village market milky way enjoyed the hot tub gas grill dining table
Reviewed August 16, 2018

I honestly don't even know where to begin! I am beyond grateful that we found Whispering Oaks and for all of Alex's help throughout the planning process. Coordinating was much easier thanks to her quick & detailed email responses to all of my questions.

We planned a destination wedding from Southern California for a group of about 65 people. We rented out the entire property and held the rehearsal dinner and wedding on site. It was an amazing day and everyone loved it. Beyond beautiful but also relaxed, lots of space but perfectly intimate. Insane views. We filled the cabins with family and friends which meant lots of people on hand to help get everything done! Everyone was very impressed with the cabins - spacious, beautifully decorated and well-maintained. Everything was more beautiful in person than in the photos.

The vendors that Alex recommended were all amazing and the day came together seamlessly. They all knew the venue so they were able to get everything done independently.

I would absolutely recommend this as a wedding venue or as a fantastic place to stay!

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed July 24, 2018

Just got back from a week out in Moab visiting Arches and Canyonlands National Parks with my family of 4. We generally like to get out of town and find a quiet place to stay after the crowds in the parks, so I decided on the Lone Branch cabin at Whispering Oaks Ranch. Wow! So glad I did! This cabin was like a little slice of heaven on the side of a mountain! Yes, it is a bit of a drive from town (35-40 minutes) but worth every minute of it. The drive up and down the mountain is incredibly scenic with views spanning hundreds of miles. Plus, the temperature up there drops about 15 degrees! A welcome departure from the 100+ temps in the parks in July.
The cabin itself has plenty of room: 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a full kitchen with everything you need, plus a grill. The best part though, is the wrap around porch on the back, complete with comfy chairs and a swing. We would grill something for dinner and sit out there every night watching the sunsets and the clouds go over the mountain. So incredibly relaxing! There was also a couple of ponds just down the path that my son fished and caught a couple of rainbow trout.
You really can't go wrong here. The beautiful parks by day and the beautiful mountains in the evening!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer M
Reviewed July 19, 2018

Our family celebrated our reunion at Whispering Oaks Ranch staying at the Cedar Bend and Jaydee cabins. The facilities couldn't have been better to accommodate us--comfortable beds, well equipped kitchens and spacious places to visit with one another.
The ranch is situated on the outskirts of Moab, UT partway up the La Sal Mts. From the decks of the Cedar Bend cabin we were afforded breath-taking panoramic views of the landscape below. This helped create a feeling of truly "being away" and was very relaxing.
The staff was very helpful in assisting us in planning our trip so that we all (from 1 to 80 years) felt very well accommodated which resulted in everyone having a wonderful time.

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed July 10, 2018

We loved staying at Whispering Oaks Ranch! We stayed at the Grey Dawn cabin. The cabin is well-equipped and tastefully decorated. It feels cozy without feeling cluttered. There are beautiful views and great hikes all around you. It is quite a feeling to be in the mountains and look out at views of the desert! Our kids had a great time at the playground, on the lawn and hiking on nearby trails. This will be one of our family's favorite memories for years to come!

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed June 23, 2018

My wife and I came up to Whispering Oaks this year on Memorial Day. We have never been to Moab before so driving past town and heading out on the La Sal Loop we started to question whether we made the right lodging choice (since we were there for the mountain biking). Once we arrived on the ranch we knew this was a great decision. The Wildflower cabin we stayed at was perfect for my wife and I, especially after a long day of riding. The retreat in the mountains was exactly what we were ready for (clean, private with scenic views). When we return in the future we will be staying at Whispering Oaks Ranch again.

Date of stay: May 2018