All reviews moab diner the main drag in town cleaning station room had queen beds older place pet friendly place dog park priced hotel small kitchenette bit dated grocery store needed a place to stay non smoking room walking distance to everything full kitchen canyonlands and arches national parks
Reviewed February 26, 2017

I needed a new tire. My wife and I were driving across the country and I had found a bulge in the car's left front tire while touring Arches National Park. We rolled into Moab about 30 minutes before the tire shop closed, but I needed to get a hotel setup for our dogs before the shop closed.

Our first hotel stop didn't take pets, so we continued down the street to The Virginian. The staff welcomed our pets and we were able to quickly get situated in the room.

There is a nice kitchenette. The room was clean. It was across the street from good food options and there was a walking trail perfect for pets.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed October 19, 2016

We stayed at the Virginian Motel in Moab, Utah, for 3-nights in mid-Sep ($119) while visiting Arches and Canyonland national parks. The Virginian is a traditional 2-storey motel located on a quiet street just a half block from the central part of main street. It consists of 2 wood-frame buildings set at right angles with a grassy area and picnic tables behind.

Our double queen room was large, furnished with a chest of drawers, open closet, desk, small flat-screen TV (only 20 channels) and a table and chairs. It had a kitchenette with a full size refrigerator/freezer, stove, oven, microwave and sink, with a window opening onto the rear grassy area. The bathroom was small, with a sink by the door just outside in the kitchen. There were plenty of good quality towels, face cloths, soaps and lotions, and there was instant hot water and plenty of it. Although the motel was obviously old, it has been well maintained and upgraded with care – all of the furniture was in good condition, the carpet new and the walls unmarked. While it was quiet at night, we had the misfortune of an upstairs neighbour who seemed to goose-step in jackboots for an hour each evening and morning – not typical, I suspect.

Because of the convenient central location, we walked to restaurants for meals – breakfasts (not included at the motel) at the Moab Diner across the street, dinners at Fiesta Mexicana (1/2 block), Arches Thai (5 blocks) and Moab Brewery (8 blocks) – all good.

While the price charged was high for an older motel, it must be considered in the context of the location. Moab is very busy in the fall as the temperatures drop and the national parks become their busiest. While lower prices can be found on the highway into town, the convenience of a downtown hotel becomes extremely expensive. If you want a downtown location, you will not find a better value than the Virginian.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
9  Thank ndser
Reviewed October 17, 2016

I had a great time in Moab, and a lot of it was due to the lovely people at the Virginian. The motel is very centrally located on the main drag through town, with a lot of shops and restaurants within walking distance. When asked for advice, the owners were helpful, friendly, and kind. And there are kitchenettes in the rooms! What a handy thing for cheap(er) meals from a grocery store instead of a restaurant. (This was especially useful for me, as I have dietary restrictions that make restaurant eating problematic.)

If and when I go back to Moab, the Virginian will be my preferred stop. By the way, Google Maps takes you to the Virginian Apartments, not the motel. The motel is on the main street, about 20 feet ahead of where the GPS software told me to turn. FYI.

Room tip: There are no elevators, so if stairs are a problem, ask for a ground-floor room.
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Aibhinn
Reviewed October 16, 2016

The Motel is centrally located, but a bit dated. It was clean and plenty of space within the room with a fridge and cooking facilities, along with comfortable beds. Got delayed on the way from Denver - rang the owner who waited up for us after 10PM - a nice touch. Stayed here on 2 separate occasions. If you have heavy bags, request a ground floor room. Good for a night or 2, but would not like to stay here for a longer time. Great diner across the road, with good restaurants within walking distance.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Alan W
Reviewed October 16, 2016 via mobile

I can't come up with anything positive to say other than that it's within walking distance of a bunch of eating and souvenir shops. Even though the place was clean the Owners could fix a lot of the shortcomings with basic tools.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank SnakePriskin