“I guess I like this motel ....I keep returning to it!”
Review of Bowen Motel

Bowen Motel
Ranked #17 of 35 Hotels in Moab
Didcot, United Kingdom
“I guess I like this motel ....I keep returning to it!”
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I have stayed here 7-8 times over the last 10 years cannot believe it has taken me this long to write about it. Last stay here was in Aug/Sept 2010

The rooms are clean and big with comfy beds and a decent shower /bathroom like the reclining seats for lazing in, and the staff are courteous and helpful.

It's location is great for easy walking access to Moabs' main drag situated almost in the centre of town restaurants and shops are all near by.

The only niggle i have is the continental breakfast which is bit ermm? bland, but this does'nt figure high on my radar.

The only bad experience i can recall at this motel was a few years ago early one saturday morning in a ground floor room being rudely awakened by a group of Harley D Jockeys firing up their hogs and just letting them idle whilst waming up about 10 of them in all. But as soon as i opened my door i thought better of confronting the wall of tattoos and leather that greeted me! but to my astonishment as soon as they saw me they quickly turned their engines off! and were really appologetic " sorry dude thought the room was empty"
Astounding!

So when i am next in the area i will stay here again i guess.

:o)

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Andy M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Southport, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 December 2011

We have stayed at this motel 5/6 times over the years. We love Moab and this motel is clean and comfortable and within walking distance to downtown area. Close to stores and restaurants. We love their king rooms next to the pool which is always clean and well kept. They have an unlimited supply of pool towels at the pool which we find convenient. The linens were newer and fresh and the bed comfortable. We also like the two recliners to watch a little TV in the late evening. There is a "bike wash" for motorcycles, ATV's, dirt bikes, Jeeps etc. The folks at the front desk are friendly and helpful and while the continental breakfast leaves a lot to be desired, it's not that high on our priority list. The cost is a little high but considering your in Moab, I guess it's OK. There is just so much to do in this town and when we return again this summer, we'll once again stay at this motel. As a PS they are very motorcycle friendly.

Room Tip: We always stay in the King Room next to the pool. Can get loud with the pool gate closing but we li...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank hdblackandblue
Seattle
Reviewed 13 December 2011

Not every place we hang our hat for the evening need be a destination resort. Sometimes it's worth acknowledging the roadside flop we find ourselves in as a result of circumstances.

The Bowen Motel is a winner. Cheap, efficient, tidy and spacious. I'll land there again when the road takes me in their direction.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank vialux
Incline Village, Nevada
Reviewed 3 December 2011

We recently visited Moab and researched hotels that were pet-friendly. This hotel met the basic requirements we had: pet-friendly, clean, reasonable price, proximity to local attractions.

For those who aren't familiar with Moab, it's a funky little town in Southern Utah. There is a 'main drag' that runs through the town with many motels, restaurants, and other businesses along the few-mile stretch of road.

November is clearly off-season, but you wouldn't know it from the heavy truck traffic that roars through town at all hours of the night. This hotel's location along the main road through town is a blessing and a curse. It was nice to be able to walk to nearby stores and restaurants, but when trying to sleep amidst the thundering roar of semis cruising by at all hours the location is a liability.

The staff was courteous, the room was clean, and bed was comfortable. However, the road noise resulted in one of my worst nights in recent memory. In the future, I'll look for a hotel a block or two away from the main road.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rolandws
Denver
Reviewed 17 October 2011

My boyfriend and I give this place five stars b/c of it's cleanliness, friendliness of staff, overall comfort level and location. The Bowen isn't the Ritz, but it is everything you need to be safe and comfortable. It is just a few blocks from the center of town so we could walk to everything we wanted though you can hear traffic on main street if that's something that will bother you. For our needs, it was perfect: comfortable bed, hot shower, a t.v. that worked and very clean. We will definitely stay here again if we don't camp and need a motel in town. Also, the small pool was a nice to have. If you're looking for anything but a place to crash, better off spending the extra money and going to Aspen .....

Room Tip: We were in a corner room which didn't have any refrigerator or microwave but some rooms do
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bentley42
USA
Reviewed 1 October 2011

We stayed there Labor day week for 2 nights (Sep 6 - 8, 2011). It is quite conveniently located within 3 miles to the entrance of the Arches NP. Breakfast was quite acceptable & rooms, even though small, were clean.

Shiv Shankar
Germantown, USA

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I think my son and I got the last hotel room in Moab in September. It was at the Bowen. The description of what I needed and the price were certainly right. But the proof is always when you show up. Wow what a great little place.

Sparkling clean, and owned for the last 36 years by a local, the hotel, while not fancy at all, is obviously well cared for with a lot of little touches that made the stay great.

Heated Pool with covered patio? Check
Pool impeccably clean at all times? Check
Bike wash? Check
Pool towels? Check
Refrigerator? Check
Microwave? Check
Room neat? Check
Dust cloths in the room for your gear? Check
Continental Breakfast, internet usage, right on the main drag, and many many other things? Check and Check.

Downside? Get an upper floor. Thin walls and thin floors. Rooms a bit stuffy. Road noise is loud.

I can't express how tickled I was with the stay, and the fact that they are upgrading and replacing the old furniture soon was something they were only too glad to tell me about.

Great stay. For the price you can't beat it.

Room Tip: Get an upper floor, otherwise you will hear stomping all morning long as people mill around in the m...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family