1,152 results
All reviews hi express arches national park granola bars fire pit outskirts of town pool area cinnamon rolls hotel is located north side great pool free breakfast the breakfast area very nice hotel sofa bed plenty of parking would stay here again front desk staff
Reviewed November 4, 2018

We liked this place so much. Staff pleasant and welcoming. Room was clean and spacious and well-lit. Beds were comfy. Absolutely nothing here for us to complain about. Easy to find, and if you are visiting Arches National Park it is extremely convenient. At the same time, it is just a short drive into town.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2018

We inadvertently visited Moab during one of the craziest weekends of the year--the Utah Educators Association weekend when schools are off on Thursday and Friday. The hotel was completely full that weekend, but the staff was still courteous and helpful. In spite of a having a completely full hotel, the breakfast buffet was always well stocked. We booked ahead and were able to use points for some of our nights. I wish that the Holiday Inn IHG booking system allowed you to use points for more than one night in the same reservation. The booking system could use some upgrades, as you have to make multiple reservations if you want to book one night with points and other nights with points from another account or even paid nights. We ended up with 2 separate reservations, but the front desk after some work, was able to link up the reservations in the system so we didn't have to change rooms between nights. I see this as a flaw with the reservation system, and it in no way reflects on the hotel itself. The front desk was able to figure a way to combine the points nights with paid nights in the end. The pool / spa area is awesome and includes a warming fire pit and an "arch" with fire on the top over the pool area. I don't know if we just got lucky, but I didn't hear a lot of room noise from surrounding rooms either, which was a nice surprise. The hotels location on the edge of town was nice for getting out of town quickly to the national parks in the morning without having to fight the traffic coming through town (which was crazy on that weekend).

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed October 26, 2018 via mobile

I would have rated this place a lot better except for the treatment I received and the response I was given when I queried them about why I did not receive any points as a Platinum Elite member of IHG.

Firstly, the hotel is located just on the outskirts of town with convenient parking and elevators. On check in, the male reception staff on the evening of 22nd Oct 2018 was in a great hurry to get rid of us.
We had booked 2 rooms under the name of my friend an Elite Platinum member. I am also an Elite Platinum member and felt I am entitled to at least the points for the room I stayed in.
I provided my membership number and changed the room details on the check in form provided to my details, cancelling his name. That staff PROMISED to change the details of the room to me. I found out later that he did not!

I wrote to IHG to ask why. I was given some excuse why this was not possible. Yet on this trip, we have stayed at several Holiday Inn Express and had NO problems with re-assigning points that are entitled to me.

So all you loyal IHG rewards members check that the reception staff do the right thing by you BEFORE you leave the check in area as their management of the rewards will be unhelpful if you make a claim later.

My question is, if 2 rooms are booked and paid for and there are 2 Elite Platinum members staying, should both get their points. If the original booking is in 1 name, is there provision to change the booking at check in to 2 separate names with 2 points entitlements or is this just an excuse for incompetence or even worse points saving.

As I said there were a couple of other Holiday Inn Express where the same situation arose, I received my point as the receptionist was diligent enough to change the booking to my name. There was no silly excuse from management about only the person making the booking being entitled to the points! I hope that they will not lose their jobs over it!

Having said that, the 2 nights stay at the hotel was reasonable. The rooms were comfortable and the breakfast good. The room amenities were basic.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Moab, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hello mikelima,

Thank you for staying with us and for being one of our IHG Elite members. I was sad reading along your review specially that your check- in experience did not go as expected. I am very sorry that the level of service you received, the way your concern was handled, negatively affected your overall satisfaction. We take comments such as these seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed October 22, 2018 via mobile

We had a great experience at this hotel! Comfortable rooms and always love the breakfast in the morning, honestly just glad to have fresh coffee in the AM! Staff was super nice and they were so apologetic about rooms taking more time than usual to check us in, but it was no big deal. Really nice staff and accommodating. The location is 10 minutes to arches national park and ten minutes from downtown Moab with lots of choices
For restaurants. Great location in the middle of everything when staying in Moab for a short time.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathryn B
Reviewed October 21, 2018 via mobile

Even though we visited on a very busy weekend (10/18-10/21) the breakfast bar was always well stocked with fresh hot food selections. Staff friendly. Room average. Advertised as a suite but same size as other rooms with a pullout sofa added.
Nice outdoor heated pool which was still comfortable in mid October weather.

Trip type: Travelled with family