“Family with dog on a budget - all needs were met.”

River Canyon Lodge Inn and Suites
Ranked #29 of 37 Hotels in Moab
Reviewed 13 April 2012

A clean place with all the basics (including refrigerator and microwave) that is kid and pet-friendly. It has free Wi-Fi in the rooms, a pool and hot tub in which the kids can play in. Everything my family needed. I agree with some of the other reviewers that the rooms needs a little updating. The table in my room is standing on only 3 legs with the fourth barely propping it up. However, this is the cleanest pet-friendly hotel I've ever been in with no trace of any pets having been there before. This is excellent in my opinion. You are only about a minute walk away from Main Street to all the shops and restaurants. We were there the week after Easter and didn't seem very busy so I can't comment on the noise or the Wi-Fi traffic. My family and I had a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank TravelSmart10

Reviewed 13 April 2012

Had to cancel my reservation. The young lady argued with, even calling me names! Imagine a service business that takes pride in insulting paying guests. I had to raise my voice with her just to get her to be quite and listen to me. They even charged me the full night. I WILL NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL AGAIN!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank kristofferb
Reviewed 24 March 2012

We stayed at the River Canyon Lodge during the weekend of the Canyonlands Half marathon. We asked about late check out because we were traveling with my children and weather wasn't very nice out. We were only requesting an extra hour and they refused. I think next time we go, we will look for a different place to stay.
The hotel was very noisy, as we could hear conversations and TV's from other rooms. A continental breakfast would have been nice as well...as this is located a good walk from any breakfast if you are traveling with small children.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Vtwinke
Reviewed 19 March 2012

We stayed at the River Canyon Lodge this past weekend and it is a great choice in town. My wife ran the Half Marathon, and this hotel is only a block or so from the assembly point for the buses and the finish line. Moreover, we could walk into town to shop and enjoy one of the many restaurants.

The RCL beats many of the cheaper options in town just because of the interior doors (instead of the motels with exterior room doors). The place is a bit worn around the edges, but clean and though not fancy at all, it is nice at this price point. The staff were friendly and accommodating. The WiFi was always "busy" it seemed and mostly useless. But this was all about having a place to stay close to the race and downtown, and it fit the bill just fine.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side don't face the bar across the street, and are therefore a bit quieter wh...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank brewski59
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Husband and I stayed here Oct 4-9, 2011. We were out hiking and/or rafting all day, so very tired at night. We slept great in a very comfortable bed. Friendly staff. Room is not fancy, but is clean and did have small refrigerator and microwave. Coffee each morning in the lobby. Also, extra cleaning rags in lobby for bikes and hiking shoes. Affordable. Will stay here again, especially if we return with the children. I do not have pictures of room, but rooms look like picture on the official website and other pictures I saw on tripadvisor. The place is not fancy, but comfortable and homey. It is in great location. Restaurants and shopping in walking distance. I love Moab.

Room Tip: Hotels.com was trying to put me in another hotel and said nothing was available at this one on the d...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mturn2
Reviewed 19 February 2012

River Canyon Lodge is perfectly located 1/2 block off Main street in Moab, and within walking distance to restaurants, shops and a park. Being near two national parks, the hotels/motels in Moab don't have much incentive to stay updated. They know people will come. That being said, we were very pleasantly surprised that River Canyon has done a bit of updating. We've stayed here in the past, in both the junior suite and the two bedroom suite. Both were roomy and comfortable. This time we had a standard room with two queen beds a fridge and microwave (sadly no coffee maker, but there was complimentary coffee at 7 a.m. in the lobby.) The room felt small for two adults, two small children and a dog. There was a window seat and small desk with a chair but no where else to sit besides the beds. I can't imagine four adults in that size room so I would definitely recommend a larger room for anything more than two or three people. It was comfortable enough for our 2 night stay though. It looked like it had been recently painted and had newer bed spreads. The bathroom also looked like it had a new tub surround and new fixtures. It was very clean. It does have pretty thin walls. We could hear doors closing and muffled conversations but I was able to sleep with earplugs. This place is very pet friendly but does not smell at all and as mentioned before was CLEAN! The staff was very friendly. The River Canyon Lodge is a comfortable, basic place to sleep after a day of fun in Arches National Park or the surrounding area.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank taj24
Reviewed 10 January 2012

A way-point while doing our round trip for arches and grand canyon. Stayed 2 nights, for 2 room. Room is basic and clean, nothing fancy to be expected. Reception is nice and good place to get info for going around. A good way-rest, but don't expect anything more. slightly pricey, but we are to be blamed, as we book quite late into the week, just few days before traveling.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends