New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Days Inn Homestead

Days Inn Homestead
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Homestead
East Walpole
“Friendly people, very clean, excellent value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2011

The hotel is easy to find, right on Rt 1 and close to Everglades National Park. The front desk people are very friendly and helpful. We were directed to a local Cuban restaurant nearby for dinner that was excellent and not expensive. This is a tired hotel but very clean and you can park at your door. They have free Wi-Fi. The continental breakfast is limited but adequate consisting of juice, coffee, muffins, toast, and cold cereal. The room had a frig and coffee maker. There is a lounge with entertainment and an outdoor pool but we did not check them out. Nothing fancy here but friendly people a good night's sleep and excellent value.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
WI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2010

The room was what you would expect for an older, run down Days Inn. It was just ok. The problem came when I tried at about 10:00 p.m. to take a shower. The water came out in dribbles and what there was of it was fairly chilly, and this was with almost nobody else staying in our section. If you tried to take one when it was full, the pipes would be sucking air into them.

On the flip side, the beds were comfortable, the room was worn, but fairly clean, and it did what we needed it to do...be somewhere that we could get some sleep.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2010

My husband I recently took a trip from Ohio with our children to sunny South Florida, we received a recommendation from my sister to stay in Homestead and we are so glad we did!!

The town is located right between the first Key and Miami, so we could easily visit both areas without paying skyhigh lodging prices.

The hotel itself was very inviting...nice staff, clean rooms, and it was apparant that the furniture in the rooms was nearly new.

Also, a very good breakfast is offered in the morning...even some good kid friendly items.

We had a lovely trip and would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2010

The front desk person was smoking at the front desk and the lobby was gross. There was an extreme amount of mildew in the shower. The room smelled hadn't been vacuumed. There were a number of roaches in the breakfast area. Wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. Much better places for the money available.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Homestead hotels

Tucson, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2010

Komal went out of her way to assist with a Real Estate transaction in Arizona. She is very personable And very attentive.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
Melbourne, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2010

I regularly travel to the Homestead area on government business. My regular hotel (the Florida City Travelodge) was unavailable and not wanting to lose any rewards points, I opted to stay at this Days Inn - a part of the Wyndham brands. This hotel isn't overly terrible, but I certainly won't be returning.

First off, I requested a non-smoking room. I'm not sure what the industry definition of 'non-smoking' really is, but clearly my room was a smoking room. The second I opened the door, I was overwhelmed by the stench of what can only be described as a million cigarettes burning at once. I nearly choked. Everything smelled of cigarettes. It was as if they came out with smoke scented Febreeze.

Second, the room was dingy - probably from all that tobacco. The carpet was pockmarked with burn holes everywhere (another sign?) and was overall filthy. The tub was stained and the shower curtain needed some serious cleaning. I guess my first clue should have been the absolutely filthy condition of the door itself.

Third, it seemed that EVERY day I had to walk all the way over to the front desk to have my keys re-programmed. It's an absolute pain to grab my laptops, a drink and dinner... haul it to the door only to find the keys don't work.

Only two saving graces: 1) the staff was friendly and 2) the linens were clean, if a little smokey.

I'd have requested a room change if there were any available - I checked in late. And I was far too busy to worry about it after that. But the lesson has been learned and I won't be returning to this hotel.

Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2009

We stayed at this hotel on our way too Key West and on our wat back from Key West.Both times Daniel was the staff that helped us.He was very friendly and advised us on where to find a good local place to eat. The hotel needs some updating but we would stay there agian because of the staff.

Holly from Tennessee

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Homestead
1.4 km away
Courtyard Miami Homestead
#2 of 16 in Homestead
2.8 km away
Quality Inn Florida City - Homestead

Been to Days Inn Homestead? Share your experiences!