“Great food, good price”
Review of ToYo Steak House

ToYo Steak House
Ranked #11 of 111 Restaurants in Woonsocket
Reviewed March 1, 2017

Finally got to eat here. My husband's birthday was on a Monday night and someone had mentioned Monday and Tuesday half price! Yep, half price hibachi and sushi rolls, they will show you which rolls, 2 pages!! So there are plenty of great choices!!! The hibachi food can be served at the bar, a regular table or the good ole hibachi grill. This worked out perfect since there was just the two of us and we preferred just a table for two.
After reading other reviews, I have to say WE had great service. From the moment we walked thru the door to be waited on. No problems, very friendly and efficient. Inside the hibachi room it sounded as though people were having a great time.
The restaurant is clean, set up well, large bar area, sushi bar/ table area and hibachi room with plenty of tables for large or small groups.
And last but not least, FOOD was Fantastic!!!

2  Thank purpletmc

Reviewed February 16, 2017

So I have been to maybe 30-40 hibachi restaurants... I am picky but honest about everything. Service – Walking in the “host” was, well young and inexperienced. When she told me it would be 20 minute wait, I said “no problem can we have a drink at the bar”… This apparently was a strange request as she was very confused… any way no big deal. Bartender was good. Sat for dinner, waitress was AWFUL, attitude like she acted like she HATED her job, asked me what I wanted from about 8-10 feet away (no joke) then proceeds to say “I can’t hear you”, I was like “Well can you come closer so I don’t have to yell”!
Cook/chef (I consider this to be separate from service as truly they make or break a “Great” night at a hibachi place, and understand its all hit or miss who you get). This guy was no more than “ok” not saying he was awful just had MUCH better before.
Atmosphere- Well its strange, to be blunt it’s not for me, it’s an old garage of some type, yes they have done a good job renovating it but it’s still well certainly NOT upscale.. It maybe for Woonsocket but VERY basic compared to most other Hibachi’s I have been to.
Food- Surprisingly the food was great. May not be the best I have ever had but considering all the previous negatives I was VERY presently surprised. If you can get over the first part go try them for the food oh WAIT very, very important…. GO ON MONDAY OR TUESDAY ONLY! Don’t forget the “Value” well these two days just about all is “half price”, as it was hall price I went all out and got the “deluxe” (Filet, Lobster, Scallops, Shrimp)… would I have said it was worth $40… umm no but best $20 I have spent at these places… if you just want say Chicken or steak etc your meal is only $10 and GREAT value!
Summary, service sucks (or at least for me) the Atmosphere, as I said not for me, food great, value EXCELANT provided you go on Monday/Tuesday. Would I go again? Maybe if I was in the area and friends wanted to go…

Reviewed January 18, 2017 via mobile

This restaurant offers a wide selection of sushi and hibachi food. Got seated quickly without a reservation. Waitress was helpful and took good care of us. Offered a wide variety of hibachi options that reflect the New England area including lobster and swordfish. Chef was very good and the amount of food was plentiful. Don't judge the place by the outside, go in and give it a try.

Reviewed November 2, 2016

I had the largest Hibachi plate with filet, lobster, shrimp, scallops, rice and veggies come with it, soup & salad start it off. It was cooked almost perfectly, only the filet (cut up) was not quite cooked to my specified medium, though very close. All was fresh and was given a single piece of sushi on the house by the gentleman manning that station. My only issue was the staff just hanging out, as it was late on a Sunday night and there were only a few people, and it is a fairly large place. Having 10 years in the restaurant business, front and back house, there is ALWAYS something that needs to be done. Overall a GREAT meal, and highly recommend, also the prices are very fair, not as high as what I was lead to believe in my search of the reviews before I went there.

1  Thank Launcelot M
Reviewed October 16, 2016 via mobile

Here's another place we've driven by since it opened a couple of years ago, but kept forgetting about it when we were going out. We finally tried it last night. It wasn't busy for prime time on a Saturday night (which always is alarming). However, I really think that it probably hasn't done enough advertising or people just don't know about it. The place was huge and could easily seat over 150 (more than 10 hibachi stations, a few booths for non hibachi meals, and a pretty large bar). Definitely, a hidden jewel in the downtown section. We were seated with two other couples. We got the Japanese calamari (tempura with a sweet sauce on the side). That was really good, crisp and the sauce complemented it well. We all got hibachi...shrimp, steak, red snapper. All the meals come with the standard soup (like an onion broth with a couple of pieces of mushrooms) and salad. The hibachi chef was great, not as personable as some other places. But, the food made up for it. We've probably gone to more than 15 different hibachi restaurants in the past three years.... the food here was the best. He seemed to not use as much butter as I've seen used at other places... which you stomach will thank you for. Each of the proteins actually tasted like they were supposed to. At other places the chicken, shrimp and steak have all tasted alike (if you were blindfolded you wouldn't be able to tell the difference). I would even go so far as to say that the fried rice and grilled vegetables were the best we've had (maybe a sauce he mixed in, not just soy sauce). I don't usually use the dipping sauces they pour for each guest. I didn't last night either (since the food was so good), I didn't want to slather anything on it. The waitress was great and kept offering more drinks and/or refills. Looks like Monday and Tuesdays are 50% off. Prices were pretty standard for hibachi, so we'll definitely try to go back on a Monday or Tuesday. They did have a sushi bar, but we didn't get any (I'll do a future review of that).

1  Thank LadyTripTaker