All reviews department store glass of champagne chocolate fetish free valet parking heart of downtown rooms are huge turn down service isa's bistro gift bag master king chocolate shop granola bars bon marche battery park a large sitting area truffle two sinks
Reviewed December 6, 2012

This hotel was once a department store, and they've kept enough old features to make it a fun, interesting, unique experience. The rooms are huge and very well appointed. The staff is extremely warm and helpful. I loved the free valet parking option (and such quick service!). The location is excellent - right in the middle of shops, restaurants, town. You can walk all over with ease. I give everything about the Haywood Park Hotel the highest scores. It doesn't have the gllitz of a Four Seasons Hotel, but it's as welcoming and comfortable as can be, and has a very one-of-a-kind feeling. Highy recommended!!

Room Tip: The two rooms I saw were both excellent and enormous.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We recently spent two nights at the Haywood, and highly recommend it to anyone looking to be right in the middle of things in Asheville. You can walk to a variety of eating and drinking spots in just a few minutes. The room we had, a superior king, was one of the most spacious in my experience. Big, beautiful marble bathroom with phone and television, nice glass shower. The staff was very kind and helpful, turndown service with delicious chocolate truffles for a bedtime treat. We'd go back!

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 82DavidF82
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I've stayed here many times over the past 10 years or so.
It's about casual sophistication in a central location within
walking distance of the best Asheville has to offer. It's the
kind of hotel that makes you want to stay longer than planned.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Robert M
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Walking into this hotel, you might wonder if you're in the right place; the lobby can look a bit like a mall or something, to be honest, but you know what? You actually are, historically - What I mean is that this is located in the former Ivey's Department Store, and it's clear the owner wanted to keep some of that history alive. The elevator still announces "Men's Wear" when you arrive to the second floor. Little things like that add to the charm of the place.
Anyway, the customer service at the front desk is great - knowledgeable, friendly, on-top-of things, professional. And then when we got to our room, it was spacious, clean, and felt mostly luxurious.
We were able to secure a highly reasonable rate - Excellent Value for what we got!
It helps if you stay a second night and/or if you're there for mid-week.
Parking is free and in a covered garage, or if you choose, valet parking is free and easy, as well.
I dunno - just everything felt so easy and comfortable. That's the bottom line.

On the second night, we had gourmet chocolates awaiting us on our pillow. I love that!
The only part that was a tiny problem for me - which has more to do with me than with the hotel itself - was that I could sometimes hear some street noise through the very thick windows of my 2nd floor room. But that's what being in the heart of downtown is all about! I loved being able to roll out of bed and stroll over to Tupelo Honey Cafe for breakfast, to dine in one of Asheville's numerous yummy restaurants with a lovely bottle of wine (between the two of us) and simply stroll back to the hotel for bed.
Carrying on the theme of the staff being so friendly and because of this, the hotel feeling warm and inviting, we were presented upon check-out a sort of "goody bag" with waters and snacks to send us on our way. How thoughtful is that?!
I would absolutely stay at Haywood Park Hotel again, GLADLY! Excellent Value!

Room Tip: Just tell the desk what you want - space, spa tub, no noise, etc... I'm sure they'll steer you right!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NickelHooter
Reviewed November 14, 2012

My friends and I recently stayed at the Haywood while attending the Asheville Film Festival. We chose this hotel because of its central location to everything in downtown Asheville. This is a charming hotel with large, nicely decorated, and comfortable rooms. The bathroom was very spacious with two vanities--one in the bathroom and one outside the bathroom. Upon arrival, we were given a glass of champagne (nice touch) and when we checked out we were given a gift bag for our trip home. The first night of our stay we attended the Manager's reception in the lobby and enjoyed a glass of wine and great hors d'oeuvres. The Manager took time to chat with us. Probably what stands out the most from our weekend at the Haywood would have to be the wonderful staff. They were all very helpful and accommodating. When we asked for restaurant recommendations, they made several suggestions, gave us a notebook of restaurant menus, and made reservations for us. We did not want for a thing. My friends and I will definitely stay at the Haywood Park when we return next year.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends