“Worth the extra cost”

Ranked #23 of 65 Hotels in Asheville
Andrews, IN
“Worth the extra cost”
Reviewed 26 April 2012

After checking out the rates at some hotels near by, we decided to try this hotel out. After a long day on the road, we were just looking for somewhere to lay our heads. We were not really happy about the $149/night fee, but it seemed to be the market in the area. However, the room was clean with a large flat screen TV, balcony, jet tub, refrig, and microwave. The bed was very comfortable and the night was real quiet. The continental breakfast was outstanding and was well maintained by the staff who kept everything warm and fresh. The good nights sleep allowed us to start our next day off very well as we continued on to Hilton Head Island.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
ejpettigrew, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Asheville, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
On behalf of our entire staff, we would like to thank you for your great reviews and business. We hope to see you again very soon.
Sincerely, Ellen Pettgirew

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed 25 April 2012

After 7 straight days of staying at Holiday Inn's, I thought this hotel was going to be a 5 but just fell short of this score before I was able to get out the door. It's apparent Management tries hard to insure everything is right and wants excellent reviews.

The room was one of the cleanest we have stayed in. In order to ge a 5 from me, everything must be clean and in order. This hotel fit the bill. You can't go wrong. Clean is most important. I'd have to say this was the best nights sleep we both had in nearly a week. Beds had the nice pillow tops on the mattress with extra pillows. They also gave us waters and cookies were available when we arrived. A nice touch.

We don't normally eat breakfast, but this particular morning we loaded up the car and came back in and sat in the breakfast area. I'll admit it was 9am and the rush was already through, but still not an excuse. My biscuit was dried out and hard. All of the tables were not wiped down nor cleaned. Counters had creamer spilt on them as well. I had to wipe down my own table. There were 2 ladies in the back room sitting down talking. Maybe just bad timing on my part. Maybe they had a tough morning. You would of had a 5 if we hadn't decided at the last minute to go back in.

I still highly recommend this hotel and I would stay again. I rely heavily on TripAdvisors reviews and will not stay at one with any poor reviews. It is also important to see return comments from the hotel management. It's a sign that they care and this hotel responds to make further improvements.

1 Thank Danimal04
Thank you so much for your kind review! Our hotel strives to maintain a very high standard. Our breakfast area could have a better design and we are addressing that issure. We are looking forward to seeing you again when you are in Asheville.
Best regards, Ellen Pettigrew
georgia
Reviewed 17 April 2012

The Holiday Inn express is located conveniently to the mall, restaurants and the Biltmore estate. Rooms are a good size and kept very clean. Some even have a small balcony. There is plenty to choose from for the continental breakfast and the breakfast area has an adequate number of tables for the guests. This was our second time at this hotel and we would definitely consider it for a visit in the future.

1 Thank journalmytrips
ejpettigrew, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Asheville, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Thank you so much for your kind review. It was a pleasure having you stay with us!
United States
Reviewed 15 April 2012 via mobile

We stayed for 5 nights while visiting the Biltmore Festival of Flowers and Asheville. The hotel
is very clean, the room is a nice size with a flat screen t.v., wi fi, refrigerator and coffee maker.
The staff was pleasant and attentive. The location is perfect for getting to the many attractions in Asheville.

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Flechar
On behalf of our entire staff we would like to thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you soon.
Indiana
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I frequently stay in Asheville on my way to visit family in Raleigh. This was my 3rd hotel in 3 separate trips in the last 3 weeks there. Trip Advisors seemed to like so I decided to try. At check in, I was offered a handicapped room (didn't require) or a king suite at a bit more cost and chose that. Large, comfortable suite with whirlpool tub. Balcony a nice extra though didn't use as it had gotten cold again. Room had good lighting and plenty of outlets easy to reach to recharge those electronic items we all find so necessary. The room was clean and kitchen and bath spaces adequate. I did inquire re pet policy as I sometimes travel with my small dog and a lady who I assumed is a manager said their sister hotel Comfort Suites accepts pets but they don't have "grass space" there. I will try it next time I travel with her. Breakfast was the usual although I opted to not have any. I did wait a bit in my room for the bill to be left under the door but when I decided I must get going, I went to the lobby and was told only Priority Members get the bill and USA Today at the door so "they feel special". Really??? Takes more thanthat or me to feel
special! I did have trouble getting the tv to turn off!! Don't know what I was doing wrong but had to unplug it as it kept omng back on again! It also changed channels on it's own somehow!! All in all, a nice place and convenient to where I wanted to go.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank carocross61
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are sorry the TV disturbed but we have fixed the problem. All our 40" flat screen TVs are new and we have a few issures that have been cleared up. We are looking forward to seeing you again!
Sincerely, Ellen Pettigrew, Sales Director
Frankfort, KY
Reviewed 29 February 2012

My wife, daughter, and I stayed here on President's Day weekend, and had a very pleasant stay. I found the breakfast to be very adequate, but my wife would have preferred some lower-fat offerings. Our room was nicely appointed. The property is some distance from downtown Asheville, but we enjoyed our stay and will return.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank MBMS
bipin0412, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Asheville, responded to this review, 3 March 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us hera at holidayinn express . We look forward to seeing you again . We thank you for your business.
London, Canada
Reviewed 29 February 2012

There are many reviews about the front desk. Must say we didn't have any problem with check inn. Not the most friendly, compared to the night before, but it was handled efficiently. Breakfast was good, eggs, etc. more than adequate for a driving couple. Clean room and comfortable mattress. Overall a good stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank NelsonKid
ejpettigrew, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Asheville, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
Thank you for your excellent review! We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.