“Fast and Yummy”

Ranked #31 of 781 Restaurants in Asheville
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Savannah, Georgia
“Fast and Yummy”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

This is a great tucked away rib joint, and never fear veggies, there's something here for you too. The sides are amazing, and there's a great fried green tomato sandwich just in case your meat loving friends drag you here.
My friend and I shared two types of ribs, a sweet dry rub and a spicy blueberry we sauce. My boyfriend had the "Hogzilla" sandwich, and we all pigged out on sides. There's normally a line, but it moves fast, so hang tight. You can enjoy RC Cola on fountain, and Cheerwine! For sides we had mac and cheese (AMAZING!), greens, green beans, corn pudding (SO AMAZING TOO), corn bread, and mashed sweet potatoes. I am so glad we ate here! I loved my ribs, and my friends. Nothing like a little sweet and spicy!
If you're in the River Arts Area, or just looking for yummy BBQ, stop in and enjoy!

1 Thank rockpinata

Atlanta, Georgia
“Solid BBQ and GREAT sides”
Reviewed 7 March 2012

This place is small, but extraordinarily popular (for good reason), so if you're concerned about lines, you may want to try to avoid the lunch rush (usually 12 - 1) if possible. We actually arrived near 11:45 and had just a few minutes in line; just enough time for me to decide.

While the BBQ is very good (I stuck with the standard pulled pork, but there are chopped, chicken and turkey options as well), it was the sides that really stood out for me. They had more than the average BBQ joint around here, and it was very difficult to choose! The vinegar slaw and mashed sweet potatoes were my eventual choices, but with all the choices, anyone should be happy. Service was very kind, with a smile, and the food is brought to your table.

Overall, top BBQ restaurant I've eaten at in Asheville ... only downside can be the line (and a rather 'rustic' - read, old and slightly run-down atmosphere) - but it's there 'cause the food is good!

1 Thank nathanmedic2003
South Carolina
“Not That Great”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We had heard such wonderful things about 12 Bones. When we arrived there was a line out the door. We were looking forward to our meal but we were very disappointed. It was NOT good at all!!! I had the chicken and my husband had the brisket. Neither of us liked our meal. We will not be going back and really don't understand all the "hype".

1 Thank KalcSC
Weaverville, North Carolina
“Best BLT ever”
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Stopped for lunch and waited in the line. The BLT with fried green tomatoes was out of this world. Fun spot for BBQ, nothing fancy, only open for lunch. Will definitely go again

Visited February 2012
Asheville
“Incredible food”
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Best food...even the president likes it! Causal atmosphere...eat in or take out for a wonderful evening meal.