“Non existence”

Add it.
Byrish Haus & Pub
Ranked #629 of 849 Restaurants in Asheville
Reviewed November 18, 2016

Went into Restaurant today (11-18-2016, about 1:45 pm lunchtime) with my Austrian Mom who was excited to try the food. Walked in and stood in an empty room, no customers, no staff; waited about 10 minutes then walked into pub area. There were customers at two tables and 1 at the bar, still no staff, walked back into main room and waited another 5 minutes. Went back into pub area and sat at a table next to other customers. Asked them how was the food and their reply was "It's okay, but they are very, very slow". At this point still have not seen and staff and got up and left. I will not be back.

Reviewed October 27, 2016

Patton Public House, after a rather disastrous and short-lived run, is now called Byrish Haus & Pub, probably one of the worst names ever for a bar/pub/restaurant. It serves a rather odd combination of German, Irish, British and, I guess, American pub food.

After our group was seated in a back room, our friendly waitress informed us of all the things on the menu they didn't have and then, as our group ordered, noted the various other items, such as certain beers and menu items, that they didn't have that night.

Our Reuben sandwiches, one with German potato salad and one with braised red cabbage, were cheap but mediocre. Other members of our party said their food was okay, but nothing special. The fish and chips had soggy breaded fish, and the German dishes were deemed "edible."

I suspect the addition of a fire pit and bean bag toss (you know what it's called) at the back of the restaurant probably is a plus for some.

But if this reincarnation of an unsuccessful restaurant/bar makes it more than a few more months, I'd be very surprised.

West Asheville can always use good new places to eat and drink. Unfortunately, this is not one of them.

Reviewed August 12, 2016

A Public House is a wonderful idea but this one, I believe, misses. At this time, no one seems to know what's going on. The pretzel we ordered was not a pretzel, the braised red cabbage was regular cabbage sautéed and the Bangers on "homemade flatbread" came on a store bought roll. Every question I asked (like how many wings to an order and do you have a mild wing sauce, what kind of soft drinks do you have, what type mustard do you have for the reuben) had to be passed on to someone in the kitchen. The Reuben was GREAT on store bought rye pumpernickel bread. May go back to try the German dinners (and the Irish Stew looks interesting) but not impressed by my 1st visit. Service not so good and we were the only people in the dining room. BUT...I loved the items on the menu and hope they get things worked out.

Reviewed August 8, 2016

I ate here yesterday with a good friend while we were in town to see the minor league ball club play. We too arrived a bit after 4pm and were surprised to see the limited menu. It was close enough to 5pm though so I ordered a bowl of the potato soup. It was good and hearty, but seemed to be missing the carrots and peppers described in the Menu. Their draft beer list, while not extensive, has a number of good choices and so we drank a round and waited until 5pm. When we went to order our dinners my friend went for the Sauerbraten, which he enjoyed quite a bit. I ordered the Jaegerschnitzel only to be told they were out. They just started serving dinner and they were out. So I wrestled with the choices and opted for the Halupki (Stuffed Cabbage), described as Tender cabbage stuffed with beef, onions, and rice baked and finished with your choice of a tangy tomato or cream sauce served with mashed potatoes. I opted for the Spatzle, but was not offered a choice of sauce. When the dish arrived one of the two stuffed rolls, the one I choose to eat was not cooked through, indeed it was if the cabbage had not been cooked at all. I tore it apart and ate the stuffing with the Spatzle and Red Cabbage and let it go, figuring that two disappointments in one outing wasn't worth a comment. Food portions were generous and reasonably priced, but I doubt if I'd return

Reviewed July 23, 2016

This was my second visit there. While they still have a few details to work out (such as signage), I think they are coming along quite well. The service was very good, and the servings were generous, well presented and delicious. Well worth a try. A very nice selection of German dishes. I tried the Reuben with spaetzle (made in house), both delicious. Prices are very reasonable.