“Highly recommended Asheville Swiss Chalets”

Asheville Swiss Chalets
Midland, Michigan, United States
“Highly recommended Asheville Swiss Chalets”
Reviewed 25 February 2012

We recently stayed at this establishment for 6 nights in the Lower Berne Chalet. The kitchen is equipped with everything you would need to make a wonderful meal. The living room which opens to the kitchen is also very tastefully decorated. The seperate bedroom has a comfortable king size bed and there is a good size bathroom. The sliding doors in the bedroom lead to a screened porch which is ideal to have your meals on in nice weather. The owner Judy has a bakery/cafe in Weaverville called Well Bred Bakery. There was a $10.00 off gift certificate for the bakery which we visited and it is highly recommended. We will definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: If you are more than two the upper Berne Chalet would be a good bet.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Michel C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I stayed in the Upper Berne Chalet last weekend - it was 3 people. A king size bed in one room and queen in the other. We all shared a bathroom - a washer/dryer was in the chalet as well! There was a back porch that provided privacy as well as a front porch with a nice grill and lounge area. Everything I needed was already provided: coffee, coffee maker/grinder, pots, pans, grill utensils, cups, etc. There was even shampoo, conditioner, and body wash in the shower! Lots of extra towels, pillows, and blankets. Not to mention - there were nice flat screen in every room!
It was out of downtown area, which was nice, but close enough to go through the tunnel and be right there. I am staying here again, next time I visit Asheville!!
The lady I talked with was extremely nice!

One of the best features - the AMAZING beds!!

Room Tip: Each chalet is different, explore the options on the website and choose what best meets your needs.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank HelloK8e
Southport, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Asheville is a city we have wanted to see and staying at the Asheville Swiss Chalets made our trip more enjoyable. It was a Christmas trip and being able to bring our dog was a plus. The cottage certainly had everything we needed for comfort and cooking and the holiday decorations made us feel even more welcome. Judy's baked goods were delicious and we definitely made use of the coupon for the bakery. The notebook with ideas for restaurants and things to do was very helpful. The cottages are in such a great location; we hope to come back and stay again.

Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Natalie M
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Our family of 4 plus Booger our Bull Mastiff had a fantastic stay at the Matterhorn. The location is excellent, town is just down the hill. Perfect ! This was our first trip travelling with Booger and the Asheville Swiss Chalet management made sure ALL our needs were addressed. Dog bowls, towels, throws and treats !

Ample bath linens, cookware, spices, condiments, even fresh coffee beans, they really go above and beyond to make comfort and convenience a priority. I took advantage of the onsite laundry complete with detergent, this is always a plus when travelling with teenagers and was most appreciated ! There's a very informational binder with restaurant menus and Asheville info on the coffee table and we used it several times during our stay.

In addition, the Matterhorn was absolutely SPOTLESS !!! I loved it and should you need to vacuum if your stay is longer, yes, there is even one of those. I felt like I was in my own vacation home. Can't wait to return to the lovely town of Asheville and our home away from home, the Matterhorn :) Happy New Year !!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank CARLUBUR
Waxhaw, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 December 2011

The Lower Berne, where we stayed in early November, 2011 with our two little dogs, was very cute and very cozy for the two of us (or rather, the four of us!). The baked goods that Judy provided absolutely rocked, and we took advantage of the $10 off coupon at her bakery/restaurant in Weaverville. After that vist to Weaverville I was thankful that I do not live close enough to visit it every day, which I would, if I did! The location is very close to Biltmore, which was most convenient.
Connie & Phil

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank connie7blue
Atlanta
Reviewed 2 December 2011

I almost don't want to share a review on the Asheville Swiss Chalets because I want it to remain my little secret! My husband and I (and our dog) just spent a long weekend in the Alpine Chalet, and we had a wonderful & relaxing time. We were maybe 5 minutes from downtown Asheville, but we felt like we were on a remote mountainside.

Booking: Judy and team were very quick to respond to all of my questions about booking, they provided everything we needed to know via email and they even sent a reminder a few days before our stay.

Cabins: We arrived late in the evening, and they had the lights and heat in the unit on and waiting for us. A personalized welcome note and FABULOUS cookies from the Well-Bred Bakery were an extra special touch. These cabins are a little bit older but have been maintained with care and have updated furnishings. They are incredibly clean and well-stocked with coffee, spices and even dog treats for our furry child. I have never stayed at a rental that provided so many well thought out amenities and little touches.

The only thing I would change about my stay at Asheville Swiss Chalets was the time length. I wish it had been longer!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank amcas1880
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed 2 December 2011

My friend's sister and I stayed at the Chalet for a week this fall and had a really great time. I was there for my best friend's wedding. She is the executive chef at the Wellbread Bakery in Weaverville ( you must vist there and have one of their giant eclairs!!!!

Staying at the Chalet really was like being home... but way better. Every little detail was thought of. It was clean and light filled which is really important to me. There was space for me to set up my computer and work when I needed to. I had time to relax on the deck looking out at the beautiful sea of fall colors. And... I slept so well there. :)

It's also a hop away from the center of Asheville and there is a grocery store close by which is great if you like to cook like I do. The kitchen had all kinds of things to make a great meal. When you're traveling and you have to buy all those little things, like pepper and olive oil to make a meal... but you forget... well not to worry, It's all in the cupboard. I LOVE THAT!

All the girls gathered at the Chalet to get ready for the wedding which I photographed. We had plenty of space for our little group to prep and sip champagne. (http://www.aureliadamore.com) the images won't be on my site until late December 2011.

I love Asheville, I've bee there 6 times and can't wait to go back. I was also there to shoot another wedding in Waynesville

ps... check out Navitat http://www.navitat.com/ for an amazing experience ziplineing. The hotsprings http://www.nchotsprings.com/ were pretty great too, but I wouldn't suggest staying out there as it's a really sleepy town. All the good eats are in Asheville.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends