1,219 results
All reviews room was clean sausage biscuits budget hotel waffle maker tunnel road free breakfast decent breakfast desk clerk stay there again the breakfast area stayed two nights one night stay excellent stay first floor short drive visiting asheville the blue ridge parkway
Reviewed June 15, 2018

This hotel appears to have been recently renovated and is noticeably fresh and clean. The hallways, stairways, balconies and the rooms themselves, carefully maintained in a way more commonly found in hotels at a much higher price point. It is evident that this place is well-managed by a caring staff. I was greeted by a friendly clerk, who recognized my loyalty membership. I had reason to call down to the desk shortly after arrival, and again found the staff person most helpful - going out of her way to explain to me how to get to where I needed to go. We used the guest laundry room, also clean and in good operating order. The breakfast was standard for this chain, but I want to give credit for the fact that everything was laid out ready and complete at 6:30 as promised. So often the early-bird has to wait for items to be brought out, Not here. Fresh, hot and plentiful. Way to start the morning! The hotel is convenient for downtown sitting less than two miles out, and they provide a shuttle service in if you need it. Wifi and cable service were unproblematic. Recommend.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Asheville Downtown Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2018

Dear Mrgeeee,

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding the cleanliness and fresh smell of your
lodgings. On behalf of my entire team, we would like to thank you for your wonderful review and thank you for noticing our recent updates that we have made to our property. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next stay in the area.

Reviewed June 7, 2018

We stayed two nights this June. we are choice club members and usually have a good experience. This time we asked for a quiet room. We got upstairs and center backside. at 9:00 p.m. we smelled smoke in the room. three men in the room next to us were standing on the walkway outside their room smoking and drinking beer. no problem for us as that is their business except our a/c was sucking in the smoke to our room. they partied til 1:00 a.m. I should have called the desk but it would have taken them 3 seconds to know who reported them. I do not need the trouble. I figured they had some security to patrol the parking lot and building. at least cameras. wrong. I told the clerk the next morning. no. it was my responsibility to tell the hotel they had a problem. I guess 57 rooms are hard to monitor. no apology. no sympathy. there were beer cans and butts on the walkway. the next day the 3 were gone. but on the backside of the hotel I continued to observe people smoking outside their rooms and counted numerous cigarette butts on the landing and sidewalk. if you smoke this is your hotel. if you like peace, quiet, and secure surroundings, well just remember you are their security people. Sad.

Room Tip: Get a room as close to where the night clerk naps.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Asheville Downtown Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2018

greg s,

Thank you for sharing your experience, and I am very sorry for the inconveniences that you
encountered during your stay. Unfortunately, despite our efforts to ensure that nobody smokes in non-smoking rooms, it does
occasionally happen and I hope you’ll accept our sincerest apologies for the smell of smoke that
you experienced. We hope that during your next stay, your expectations will be far surpassed!

Reviewed June 1, 2018

This hotel has recently been re-branded and refurbished. The rooms are a good size and spotlessly clean. Overall the value is excellent. The service was very pleasant and the historic downtown is only around ten minutes' drive away. The free breakfast is reasonable.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Asheville Downtown Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2018

Dear Anstruther L,

We are so glad to know that you had a great time with us and thank you so much for appreciating our efforts of providing you with clean and comfortable accommodations in a reasonable cost. We would love to have you back and we do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 3, 2018

Great price! Clean, looks recently updated. Friendly staff. Its not too far from downtown. Breakfast was just a continental, but more than we expected for the price. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2018
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Asheville Downtown Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2018

Dear OddlyEnough,

Thank you for leaving your five star rating of our Quality Inn Asheville Downtown Tunnel Road hotel. It's rewarding to learn that we exceeded your expectations with the accommodations, hospitality and cleanliness of our guest rooms as a good value for your money. We hope to impress you again during your next visit.

Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

We stayed for just one night recently as we passed through. Even though the place was packed, we couldn’t hear any noise from any other guests. Pillows were generic and too soft (but I’m also picky and bring my own).

Parking was pretty tight and we had to circle the lot twice to find a spot when we returned after dinner.

Breakfast included make your own waffles, biscuits, eggs, ham and the regular cold options of cereal, bagels and fruit.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Asheville Downtown Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2018

Rachel M,

Thank you so much for staying at the Quality Inn Asheville Downtown Tunnel Road Hotel. regret to hear that you weren't thoroughly impressed with our pillows and the parking area,though it is good to hear that you found the majority of your experience to be satisfactory. Your comments and suggestions will help us to recognize our strengths and improve upon ourweaknesses. We are also forever working
to improve upon the guest experience and I hope you will remember our attributes and return to see how we have improved to impress you even more.