I enjoyed a lot about this property....it’s brand new, modern, spacious, and had most everything you could need in a rental. It was close to downtown, west Asheville, right off the highway, and walking distance to a couple restaurants.
I was disappointed to arrive at 5 PM to find that we could not locate a pack and play for our infant that we asked/requested in two separate emails. Although someone did go out to purchase one and delivered it by 8 PM, it was an anxious few hours not knowing if we would have a place for our baby to sleep. Plus we had to keep her up to wait for it, unpackage, assemble, etc. Needless to say, an overtired baby kept us up all night! This was a huge oversight on their end.
Other items in the home that need to be addressed:
1) The “master” bedroom had a full size bed, not a queen. There’s no way to fit two grown adults on that bed. We had to give our 4 year old the master bedroom and sleep in the other bedroom away from the infant in the pack and play.
2) There’s a strange 3rd bedroom that is locked and not accessible. I’m sure there’s a logical reason but seemed a little odd.
3) The pillowcases were too small and did not fit on the pillows.
4) The remote control was shattered and held together by a rubber band. (Seems like a cheap easy fix)
5) There are a couple great spots to sit outside and enjoy the porch but there is no outdoor furniture.
6) The unit sits next to a vacant, empty lot on the corner of the street. The front yard was typically covered in trash that came off the road and a utility truck sat in the grass for a couple days as they worked up and down the street.
7) The heating/AC vents were VERY loud and rattled in the middle of the night.
We enjoyed our stay in Asheville and at the bungalow for the most part. With a few improvements, it could be an awesome rental.