“Great hotel, bad road noise”

Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown
Ranked #21 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
GreenLeadersGold level
Asheville, North Carolina
“Great hotel, bad road noise”
Reviewed 3 April 2012

The hotel is beautiful!!! For the price per night, you get a great room, free wi-fi in room, and free parking- which for Asheville is worth the extra cost for the upgraded rooms. I have zero to say negative about our stay. There is only one thing I wish I would have asked about which may have made my stay better, a room not on the side of the hotel by the highway. The road noise was awful and I'm a light sleeper.

The only other thing I think this hotel could do better is the front entrance/check in parking. It is a VERY tight space. If you have a large SUV or long car, be SUPER careful. I was nervous driving my Jeep Grand Cherokee down to the parking deck and out the exit from the deck. VERY TIGHT!!!!

Just around the corner from the hotel is a great little restaurant too, Thai Basil. Give it a try for something different/spicy!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (426)
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 March 2012

We were only in town for one night, needed to get on the road early and were famished...arrived to an efficient reception, complimentary underground parking, a nice, clean room and FABULOUS food! Everyday, there are specials and today we had the pasta di giorno. The pasta is made in house and the rest of the ingredients bought as local as possible. We ran out of Kleenex, called down and maybe within two minutes, had a fresh box. It is right next to I-'240 and so easy to head home in the morning. Really pleasant-oh, and a jazz trio during dinner on Friday night.

Room Tip: High with a view of the mountains!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Greenqueen56
Lake Mary, Florida
Reviewed 29 March 2012 via mobile

The friendly staff, unique and inviting rooms, and LOCATION make this the perfect hotel to stay in while you experience downtown Asheville. We were able to ditch the car and walk to all of the independent restaurants (which were FAB), and attend Mass at the cathedral right down the street. Highly recommended hotel.

Stayed March 2012
2 Thank TouristaBuena
High Point, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 March 2012

1st of all, I will state that I am in no way connected with this hotel.
Me and my wife traveled to Asheville and stayed on the 6th floor of this fine establishment. Upon checking in the staff was friendly and professional. They even gave us complimentary bottled water.
We had a corner room on the 6th floor (room 601) I highly recommend this. We had the view of the mountains and the city.
I would rather stay here than stay at Biltmore
When we would call the front desk to see if there was more cream available, they promptly brought it to our room
Even the elevator had a nice voice when you pressed a button! Not 1 complaint!

Room Tip: choose a corner.. King suite.. trust me..
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SeanAlvarado
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 17 March 2012

The room was large and clean. The location is close to the restaurants and several live music venues. The staff the friendly and helpful. I was in Asheville with a friend but I will stay at this hotel with my family....hopefully soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Libertyville, Illinois
Reviewed 14 March 2012

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at the Hotel Indigo, a lovely boutique hotel. The parking was convenient. The staff was very welcoming and continued to greet us thorough out our stay. Concierge services were offered. The room was bright, airy and clean. The decorating was contemporary and the flooring was either wood or a laminate- very clean and modern. We loved the lack of wall to wall carpeting! The bathroom was beautiful with a huge tiled shower, great lighting, and a beautiful sink and a vast counter. The location was convenient for walking to shops and restaurants. We will stay at the Hotel Indigo again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Franklinton, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Stayed at Hotel Indigo for a weekend getaway prior to my niece having surgery. The staff was extremely helpful and very gracious. They had placed a very nice card with balloons and fruit and cookies in the room prior to our arrival, which my niece really appreciated. The room was bright, very clean and spacious. The views were beautiful and the location was perfect. A short drive to Biltmore house and walking distance to lots of shopping and dining. The lobby coffee bar/restaurant was great, food and service.
My only negative comment is the parking. It's is a bit tricky to get in the parking garage, especially for a larger vehicle. I wouldn't let this prevent me from booking another stay though.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family