“Girls trip to Asheville, NC”

Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown
Ranked #21 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
GreenLeadersGold level
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Girls trip to Asheville, NC”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

My visit here was very lovely. I was on the 2nd floor and that had dog guests too. All were well behaved and quiet. Rooms were very clean, pretty and well appointed. No tubs however. Not sure if total hotel was designed that way for water efficiency reasons. I will stay there again for sure! A good addition to the down town scene.

Room Tip: I had a corner room on the NW side. Lovely sunlight but a bit noisy from the highways below. Be sure...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank LINDA L
IndigoInKeeperAVL, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your girls trip to Asheville. We are happy you enjoyed your stay. The Hotel Indigo as a Brand has done extensive market research and found our guests prefer Spa inspired showers over soaking bath tubs. We are adding 16 Penthouse Suites on the top two floors and some of this will offer tubs.
Please come visit us again soon!
My Best,
Barbara Kulwiec

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
Reviewed 7 April 2012

My husband and I had a great time during our three day stay at Hotel Indigo. The location was great since it was right off the interstate and easy to walk to everything downtown. The room was clean and we loved the decor. We were only on the third floor and had a view of the interstae but we did not have any problems with the room or the noise level. The hotel staff was also very friendly. We woul definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ritasmom01
Thank you so much for staying with us and writing a review on trip advisor. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will visit us again soon!
My Best,
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 3 April 2012

This is my first trip to Asheville. Our corner room had great views of the mountains out of two large windows. The room itself seems very nicely decorated. Parking is under the hotel and easy to enter directly into the elevators from the garage. We walked to a tremendous selection of restaurants. I didn't give five stars based on the lack of in room refrigerator and the lack of a pool. Very clean.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your kind review. We are adding refrigerators to some of our corner rooms. All of our Penthouse Suites (coming in the fall) will have both refrigerators and safes. Please come visit us again soon!
Best Wishes,
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 April 2012

The hotel is beautiful!!! For the price per night, you get a great room, free wi-fi in room, and free parking- which for Asheville is worth the extra cost for the upgraded rooms. I have zero to say negative about our stay. There is only one thing I wish I would have asked about which may have made my stay better, a room not on the side of the hotel by the highway. The road noise was awful and I'm a light sleeper.

The only other thing I think this hotel could do better is the front entrance/check in parking. It is a VERY tight space. If you have a large SUV or long car, be SUPER careful. I was nervous driving my Jeep Grand Cherokee down to the parking deck and out the exit from the deck. VERY TIGHT!!!!

Just around the corner from the hotel is a great little restaurant too, Thai Basil. Give it a try for something different/spicy!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 March 2012

We were only in town for one night, needed to get on the road early and were famished...arrived to an efficient reception, complimentary underground parking, a nice, clean room and FABULOUS food! Everyday, there are specials and today we had the pasta di giorno. The pasta is made in house and the rest of the ingredients bought as local as possible. We ran out of Kleenex, called down and maybe within two minutes, had a fresh box. It is right next to I-'240 and so easy to head home in the morning. Really pleasant-oh, and a jazz trio during dinner on Friday night.

Room Tip: High with a view of the mountains!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Greenqueen56
Lake Mary, Florida
Reviewed 29 March 2012 via mobile

The friendly staff, unique and inviting rooms, and LOCATION make this the perfect hotel to stay in while you experience downtown Asheville. We were able to ditch the car and walk to all of the independent restaurants (which were FAB), and attend Mass at the cathedral right down the street. Highly recommended hotel.

Stayed March 2012
2 Thank TouristaBuena
High Point, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 March 2012

1st of all, I will state that I am in no way connected with this hotel.
Me and my wife traveled to Asheville and stayed on the 6th floor of this fine establishment. Upon checking in the staff was friendly and professional. They even gave us complimentary bottled water.
We had a corner room on the 6th floor (room 601) I highly recommend this. We had the view of the mountains and the city.
I would rather stay here than stay at Biltmore
When we would call the front desk to see if there was more cream available, they promptly brought it to our room
Even the elevator had a nice voice when you pressed a button! Not 1 complaint!

Room Tip: choose a corner.. King suite.. trust me..
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple