“Big rooms, nice staff, convenient location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown
Ranked #21 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
GreenLeadersGold level
Charlotte
“Big rooms, nice staff, convenient location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I go to Asheville on business regularly, and stay at the Indigo Hotel every time. The location is convenient to the highway and within walking distance of many good restaurants. The rooms are big with modern decor. The hotel prides itself on its "green" credentials, which I really appreciate. But, with that modern decor, comes more noise. The floors are mostly hardwood, so there is more noise than in a typical, carpeted hotel. The staff is very nice and attentive. Other than a little more noise than you might want, this is a great place to stay in Asheville. I recommend this hotel for a business trip or a pleasure trip.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank AJay55

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

A modern trendy hotel with good food and wine. The rooms are very delightful. Very clean.
The price is steep. They do allow pets. You will enjoy this hotel... exquisite...

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank AshmonTravels
Philadelphia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

The location of hotel is great. It took us less than 5 min to walk to the core of downtown with all the restaurants and shops. Even though hotel is right next to the freeway, I didn't hear any noise in spite of being on the low floor. I guess their windows are well insulated. My room was big and had nice design, not the typical hotel boring design. I didn't give hotel 4 stars only because there weren't enough outlets next to the desk and because housekeeper cleaned my room when I requested no service. Other than that, everything was great. The shower was huge. You could fit 4 people in it. Plenty of counter space in bathroom which I really liked. The walls must be also well insulated because I didn't hear my neighbors at all. Internet speed was decent. Food was good (get the chocolate mousse). The design in public areas was also very unique and funky (furniture, colors, paintings...). I don't know anything about art, so I don't know what style it was but it felt modern; however, warm and not at all intimidating.
The 2nd best thing to the location was the service. Receptionists, concierge, maid, guys at the bar/restaurant... everybody was very friendly and efficient. I didn't have to wait for anything.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank sk_denny
atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

We were so happy with the location of this hotel. So easy to walk to shops, restaurants and more. The staff was superbly friendly and had great suggestions for dinner reservations. Our room was on the 7th floor, therefore no noise and great views of the mountains.

• Stayed April 2012
fort wayne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

It is a nice eco friendly hotel-but the rooms are not very quiet. They have just a small area of carpet. If someone is in the bathroom and thry dropped something it sounds like it is right next to you in the bed.
Staff is very nice

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ccfay
Westminster, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

We booked this hotel as part of an anniversary trip --which I mentioned when I made my online reservation. A few days prior to arrival, the concierge called and left a message. She offered to assist us with any needs during our stay. We never got a chance to call her back but I did think this was a nice touch.
We arrived early for our check in but were given a card key to park our car and walk around Asheville until our room was ready. So, later on, we did check in and headed to our room. Well, we opened the door to a very large corner room with full windows on two sides, a King Bed and a huge bathroom with a very large shower (my favorite). And next to the TV was a bottle of champagne, on ice, and a heart shaped brownie. And a card--which told us that the traditional gift for the 29th anniversary is furniture so they gave us a room with plenty of it--but our gift was a room upgrade.
Needless to say, we were delighted. I made sure to thank the staff who made this possible.
I really liked the location of the hotel. Although it is near the highway, entering the town of Asheville, it is a quick walk to all the shops and restaurants in town--of which, there are plenty.
The hotel lobby is nicely appointed. We ate breakfast there both mornings and really enjoyed it. There was entertainment one evening--a keyboard player/singer. I highly recommend this as a place to stay when in Asheville. Even if you don't get the upgrade. It is a very nice hotel with wonderful staff.
Thanks to Katie, Amber and Jeremy--who gave us the card -- and the upgrade.
You made our 29th anniversary very memorable. Who knew furniture was the traditional gift for that year.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sansid521
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

The Indigo Hotel is a wonderful boutique style hotel on the edge of downtown within great walking distance of all downtown has to offer. It is very convenient off the highway (but maybe a little too convenient)- the only complaint is that if your room faces the highway you will get some road noise unless you run the AC/ Heater. Thankfully the highway is relatively quiet at late night but it does pick up in the morning. When I return I will request a street facing room. That aside it is very tastefully done with premium design and execution. Love the hardwood floors- no yucky carpet, and the great walk in shower. Excellent staff, parking is convenient (leave your car and walk to explore Asheville!), great restaurant on premises (clean and fresh). You canot go wrong if this is the type of hotel you like- trendy and fresh!

Room Tip: request street facing- not highway facing