My room number was 226. It is located by the stairs that exit the building into the parking lot. The windows in my room faces the entrance into the Residence Inn, therefore, it faces the main road.
NOISE: My only complain is the noise. If you are a light sleeper, I definitely don't recommend it. I am not a light sleeper, but I did find myself woken up several times during the night. Here are some of the things I heard while trying to sleep at night:
- It is conveniently located a little over a mile from Downtown Asheville, BUT in between the hotel and Downtown Asheville is the Hospital. I heard sirens from ambulances and maybe even police cars several times at night when trying to fall asleep. I also heard helicopters flying overhead.
- It is also close enough to railroad tracks, which come with trains traveling through at night.
- I could hear every car driving pass the hotel.
- One night, with the noise keeping me up, I also heard a noise that sounded like a car idling. As it turned out, it was the fridge in my room.
- When the heater comes on, it is pretty loud, especially, when I was trying to fall asleep.
- Sometimes I can hear the water draining down the pipe from upstairs.
- Oh, and I actually can hear the man next door peeing into the toilet and flushing the toilet.
LOCATION: As mentioned earlier, the location is great. It is central to Downtown Asheville and the Biltmore Estate, as well as the hospital and hopefully, you won't find a need to stop there.
ROOM: The room is very nice. The décor is different than all the Residence Inn that I've stayed at. It seems to be more tailored to business traveler. The kitchen is a lot smaller than all the other Residence Inns that I've stayed at. It didn't even have drawers for the utensils, and a space for the trash can, which was sitting out by the dining table. The reason for a smaller kitchen is that it has a small closet by the door that the other Residence Inns don't have. I rather have a larger kitchen, providing me with more counter space and storage. If you are a business traveler, the work desk was HUGE in the room. You'll be able to spread out your work and work comfortably.
PETFRIENDLY: Like most Residence Inns, this one is petfriendly with a $75 pet fee per stay. The receptionists seemed to be petfriendly, but the guy working the dining area definitely was not. I wasn't even entering the dining area. I was near it and he stopped me with his hand, and he didn't even say a word. The grounds isn't as petfriendly as the other Residence Inns. Unless you have a male dog who lifts his leg when he pees, the female dogs will have to walk a little further to the far side of the hotel to find a patch of grass.
CHECK-IN: The check-in process was seamless, but it wasn't informative as the other Residence Inns where I was informed of breakfast and special dinner night schedule. I only walked through the breakfast selection once, and it didn't seem like the selection of hot food was as good as the other Residence Inn.
CHECK-OUT: The check-out process was very easy.
HOUSEKEEPING: I ran into one of the housekeepers, and she was SOOO friendly. It was pleasant to meet someone working at the Residence Inn Asheville that is so friendly and cheerful. I wish her cheerful spirit was spread throughout the hotel staff.
PARKING: The hotel was booked the first couple of nights. There was enough parking for everyone, but the spaces closest to the hotel entrance were all occupied. The first night, I arrived around 10 p.m, and I had to park a little further out. I didn't have that problem the 2nd and 3rd night since I got back to the hotel early (3 p.m.).
OVERALL: I "might" stay here again, but more UNlikely than likely. There are other petfriendly hotels located in Downtown Asheville that I will probably stay at when I return. I stayed for 3 nights, and I didn't get a good night sleep at all. I recommend bringing earplugs and requesting a room that does not face the main street. It might help minimizing the noise a little. The only thing that entices me from wanting to stay at this hotel again is that it is a suite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy home-like accommodations at relaxing Residence Inn by Marriott Asheville Biltmore. Our extended-stay hotel in Asheville, North Carolina offers comfort near Biltmore® estate, Biltmore Village, Mission Health hospital and downtown Asheville. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn by Marriott Asheville Biltmore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Asheville Biltmore Hotel Asheville
- Asheville Residence Inn