“Great location”

Renaissance Asheville Hotel
Ranked #28 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
“Great location”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

The lobby is newly remodelled and beautiful. The room was comfortable but could have benefitted from the lobby's color scheme. On the negative side, the bathroom is very small as are the bed pillows. I would have slept better with a larger pillow. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Zeb, the concierge, is a definite assett. Over all we had a nice stay. I would recommend this hotel to a friend and would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank wrengirl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Have only been here on business- so with that being said, it is an awesome space to host a conference. Staff is extremely attentive, you have multiple conference suites to meander about, room is adequate, bed is fantastic, views are amazing (City or Mountain).

Room service menu is pricey, but it does come reasonably fast and there are multiple choices. But you're in Asheville! Go out to eat!! You are within walking distance to all the awesome downtown eateries and cool Ashevillian scene. The Blue Ridge Parkway is a bit out of the way though, about 7-10 minutes by car.

The fitness center and indoor pool are adequate, as well.

My complaints- IF you happen to get stuck in on a rainy day, the TV is slow to respond to the remote, the telephones were often unreliable with disconnecting/loose connections. The internet in-room was slow.

Room Tip: Depends on your preference- cityscape or mountainside. Either way, choose a high floor.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We got here and there was no parking spaces, so we had to park parallel. We checked in, great lobby, but the lady who checked us in didn't know very much about the city, We brought our dog, (8 lbs) not knowing we'd be hit with a whopping $75.00 pet fee. Our room smelled very badly of urine. At 8:20 AM housekeeping repeaditly knocked on our door, when we were sleeping. Not a very good breakfast either. Thank goodness it was only one night, now we are going to the Bohemian.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Arianna P
Chicago
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We stayed here because locals had recommended it as a good downtown value, and one of the best hotels in the city. I loved the lobby - newly remodeled, with a good hip buzz. Cheered me up after our 6 hour drive. Would have been a great place for cocktails though we opted for the Grove Park Inn bar to get the full Blue Ridge experience. The rooms were very comfy and clean. Small yes - a little hard for a family to move around in all together...but that didn't bother me at all since the beds were so nice. Large fun pool on the top floor needs to tone down the chlorine a bit, and fill the conditioner dispensers in the shower. Net net...it was a very good value with a hip feel. A great choice for those who want to be right downtown. Otherwise - check out the resorts just outside the city for a more rural feel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 8 April 2012

The lobby is quite impressive upon arrival.Very eclectic and the feel of a much larger city.The staff were helpful and fun.There is a nice patio on the main floor and a great small bar.
The rooms are a bit small but fine for two.They could use a bit of redecorating but are spotless,quiet and have big windows with a view of the mountains.
It is easy to walk from here to lots of restaurants and the downtown which is attractive and lively.Good for Eco- organic products.

Would stay here again as it had a nice warm atmosphere and great staff.

Room Tip: Looking over the parking lot is a nice view.Try for a room on this side.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Lobby was very modern and inviting, had a king room with a mountain view, bathroom small but lovely. So easy to walk to all the local pubs and eatery's. Free parking.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
South Carolina
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We stayed at the Renaissance on a Wednesday night. It's a very nice hotel decor wise. I was also impressed by the front desk staff who were very friendly and chatty.

The room was average sized and well appointed. My husband was very impressed by the tech panel by the desk that would allow for a laptop to be hooked in and a movie viewed on the flat screen TV.

The bathroom was cramped and wasn't very nice considering the 4 star rating of the hotel. I would expect a glass shower or something comparable although the vanity top was granite. The bath tub was slow draining which resulted in me standing in ankle deep water by the time I was finished showering. I did not report this to the hotel since we were only staying one night.

I didn't like the bed--I thought it was too firm but my husband (who was staying with me) didn't complain. I wasn't too impressed by the foam pillows we requested either. I think I would go with the feather ones next time.

Overall our stay was pleasant...I got a reduced rate for our stay and would return again if I could get that rate a second time. But if it came down to paying full price, I'm not sure I would.
Overall our stay was pleasant.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed to be equal. We had a "mountain view" room which faced over the front par...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business