1,630 results
All reviews great location within walking distance the thomas wolfe downtown area restaurants and shops an older hotel corner room lobby bar front desk staff indoor pool breakfast buffet bed was comfortable fitness center mini fridge the grove park inn we've stayed conference
Reviewed April 1, 2018

The Renaissance in Asheville was a great stop for us. Friendly staff, nice rooms, and most importantly a great view of the surrounding Asheville mountains. Although the hotel was under renovations I did not feel inconvenienced. The rooms were modern and clean, with particularly comfortable beds. The best part about this hotel is it's great location right in the center of Asheville. It's very easy to get to any point in the city from here. The parking lot is huge and secure, which is something that is important to us. Solid hotel, would not mind going back again!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Nicole P, Manager at Renaissance Asheville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2018

Thank you for choosing our Renaissance Asheville, Ryan P! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our comfortable accommodations, convenient location, and friend hotel team. We hope your travels bring you back our way soon!

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Renaissance for 3 nights. The staff is very friendly and service oriented. If you want to explore downtown Asheville, this is a very convenient location. Steps to restaurants, shopping, the city green, etc. There are lots of renovations happening but that did not impact our stay at all.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

Booked weeks in advance for a specific room type, clearly stated that we needed a room for 4. We were placed in a king room with no sleeper. I love my kids but don't want to spend a long weekend with them in the same bed as my wife and I. We then requested a double queen room and were told there were none ready. Were were asked to wait a half hour for housekeeping to finish the room. An hour an a half later, still no room. Meanwhile as I milled around the lobby, I learned of numerous others who were also waiting for rooms. This was at 4:30 in the afternoon! I heard excuses from the desk ranging from too many late checkouts, to short staff, you no clean laundry available. Frustrated guests were leaving right and left. I got on the phone and found rooms available right down the street, grabbed my family, and hit the road. To add to the bad experience, the lobby and pool renovations that were advertised to be completed by Easter weekend were still in progress. The lobby was loud and ugly with construction. We had a reservation for another stay at this hotel which I promptly canceled as well. We have stayed exclusively at Marriott properties for years and have 19 nights already this year. We won't try this one again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank David P
Nicole P, Manager at Renaissance Asheville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Dear David, while we appreciate our guests' patience during our renovation period, this does not sound like the level of service our guests have come to consistently expect when they stay with us. I welcome you to contact us directly at 828-210-3021 to further discuss your stay and I hope you will consider choosing our hotel again the next time you are in the Asheville area so that you and your family can experience the top notch level of service our guests have come to enjoy.

Reviewed March 26, 2018

Renaissance Hotels never disappoint! The rooms come equipped with two beds that are ultra comfortable. The bathrooms are the perfect size, and were equipped with fresh towels and a shower that had more than enough room. The hotel itself is gigantic, and it had the coolest outdoor seating area! The staff is also super friendly and accommodating. Conveniently, this hotel is walking distance from all the cool spots in the city as well. Highly recommend this hotel for your stay in Asheville, NC!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed March 22, 2018

The Renaissance Asheville is in a great location. It is within walking distance to all that downtown Asheville has to offer. It is a little bit pricey for my liking, but honestly everything in downtown Asheville is, and most places are even more expensive than the Renaissance.

There is what appeared to be a nice restaurant and bar onsite. However we never ate there. There is no free breakfast. There is not even complimentary coffee other than the small one packet machine in the room. We paid $2.50 each for a small cup of coffee. I don't have a problem with nicer hotels not having a complimentary breakfast and I knew that when I reserved. But, there is really no excuse for not having a complimentary coffee station, and charging $2.50 for a small cup of coffee. Beyond that, it is a nice hotel.

The hotel is Beautifully decorated. They have free wifi and free parking. The rooms are up to date, clean, and the beds very comfortable. This is certainly a great option if you are looking for something in downtown Asheville.

Room Tip: Higher floors with City Side View
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family