“Great staff, Good Location”

SpringHill Suites Asheville
Ranked #40 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Virginia
“Great staff, Good Location”
Reviewed 12 October 2011

I spent four nights at this hotel in September and was satisfied with the accomadations and impressed with the gracious, friendly, and helpful staff. The hotel is coveniently located near downtown Asheville and the interstate. There are plenty of restaurant options only a short drive away.

I had a very quiet king suite near the end of the hall. The suite was divided into two main sections by a flat screen TV that swiveled so that it could be viewed from either area. The living area had a long sleeper sofa, a desk and a sink, small refrigerator, and microwave. The sleeping area is almost completely filled with the bed and there is a small closet. There is also a roomy bathroom with an adjoining dressing area and sink.

My only complaints about the room is that there wasn't really any drawer space for clothing and that the sofa was uncomfortable. I also found the decor of the hotel and rooms to be somewhat odd. Here we are in the beautiful mountains of western North Carolina and the predominant colors are seafoam green and blues that would seem more appropriate at the seashore.

There is nothing fancy about this hotel but the staff were great and I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
shsasheville, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Asheville, responded to this review, 17 October 2011
Dear Bluepaws,

Thank for you taking the time to post a review of your stay at our hotel. I appreciate your positive comments about our hotel and staff and that you had a nice stay. I completely understand your comments regarding the lack of drawer space in the room and we are working with Marriott to correct this. We have installed additional closet shelving in some of our rooms to help with this issue. Marriott has also heard feedback on the color scheme and has made some adjustments to help soften the tones.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Asheville.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 11 October 2011

I have stayed at the SpringHill Suites on two different occasions this year alone. Each visit was super and mostly due to the staff and the location. My wife and I do not drive at night whenever we visit a city or town as we enjoy restaurants, wine, and beverages which require that we are responsible. The location of the hotel is convenient to downtown and have always had very personable taxi drivers, one named Bob who was a laugh a second. I think he is a local comedian who has his own radio show. They all gave us their number so that they could pick us up at the end of the evening.

They all took great pride in their city and love it when others enjoy their visits. Back to the SpringHill. The staff are by far some of the friendliest I have met and are very accommodating. The rooms are well designed, with a freshness in appearance and beds that rival the ones of the larger chain operations. The rooms are clean, maintained well and have great appointments.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Never had a bad room.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Dear madmax909,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and thank you for your positive comments regarding the hotel, staff and local area. Asheville is such a fun and inviting town and we do love it when people come and experience everything Asheville has to offer. I am so happy to hear that you are a repeat visitor and we look forward to welcoming you on your next trip to Asheville.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 30 September 2011

we spent 2 nights at this hotel and enjoyed the accomendations. We had the suite, which is a large room with a half wall separating the couch from the beds. It is a good size and I liked that the sink was separated from the tub and toilet. There is a microwave and small fridge in a small kitchen type area.

The staff are very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is delicious and has lots of choices.

Only issue is if you have an adjoining room you can hear the next room VERY clearly when in the living area of your room. In the bed section of our room... it was fine..

We would stay here again.

Room Tip: High floor at the back
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
shsasheville, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Asheville, responded to this review, 3 October 2011
Dear cat15,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at our hotel and thank you for your positive comments regarding our property and staff. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff and I look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Asheville.
Washington, Ga
Reviewed 13 September 2011

We decided to go to Asheville at the last minute and booked a room at Springhill Suites based on reviews here. The location of the hotel is very convenient to Biltmore and downtown Asheville. Also loved the convience of Carrabas right next door. It was nice to walk over fr dinner.The hotel is clean and our room, #202, was very comfortable and clean. The desk personel were friendly and helpful. For some reason we did not have maid service.
When we returned from the days activities, there was a bag of clean towels hanging on the door. I thought that strange as someone had put a notice of water testing inside the room, so someone had entered the room. The toilet had issues on our last morning, but with a call that was quickly resolved. We will be returning to Asheville in November and will possibly stay here again.

Room Tip: I read a review here that said the hotel is not located "on" the main road. Look for the H...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mickiemac
Dear mickiemac,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It is always nice to get feeback from our guests so that we can find ways to improve our hotel. I would like to apologize for the issue with the room not being serviced. I have sent a copy of your comments to our Executive Housekeeper so that they can try to find out what happened. Thank you also for your positive feeback regarding the room and service and I hope that we do see you on your next trip to Asheville.
North Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 6 September 2011

We just got home from our one-year anniversary getaway to Asheville and it was amazing. We wanted to stay somewhere nice, but not one of those fancy bed and breakfasts that were just making our trip too pricey. We chose the Springhill Suites and it was an excellent choice. There is breakfast included, which was great and hot coffee and tea all the time (which I loved). The room was perfect and spacious with a small kitchen with a tiny fridge (perfect for leftovers) and the hotel was literally 5 minutes away from everything up on a hill. The only thing that can be said negative about this hotel is that it's neon green decor is a bit tacky, but it was still honestly super nice, comfortable and perfect! They also have two computers and printers, which was good for last-minute hike planning. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The indoor pool looked pretty nice, but there were a lot of kids there and we weren't really there for that. I would say that when you go down for breakfast, just get what you want on a tray and bring it up to your cozy room b/c it gets a bit crazy with kids screaming and families everywhere. BUT when we were in our rooms we never noticed or heard any other kids or felt like we were in the middle of a family hotel. Highly recommend if you want a nice, comfy place to stay, but would rather spend your money on the Biltmore and local attractions!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GervaseC
shsasheville, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Asheville, responded to this review, 8 September 2011
Dear GervaseC,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. I really appreciate you taking the time to post a review and thank you for the great comments. We strive hard to make sure that all our guests have a pleasant and enjoyable stay while they are with us. I will be sure to pass along your comments to my staff.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Asheville.
Concord, NC
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Great Location on Tunnel Road about three or four blocks before you reach the mountain tunnel to access downtown Asheville. The room was clean and the staff was excellent. We even had free HBO on a thin screen TV. The room was surpose to be a King Suite.
It did have a nice king bed...the air conditioner was only inches away from the bed and had to run all night.
It is a wall or room unit placed under a large window that had some type of cloth or afixed to it that could not be removed or opened. The view would have been only a couple of tree limbs anyway. A small tub with a shower head and one sink was the bath area. A smaller than standard microwave was installed in a lower cabinet alongside a small frige.
A couch, a swival office chair and desk was also included.
My real complaint is this was a small compact room with one tv...not a king suite.. the designer clearly was skimping on everything! If you want a king suite go elsewhere!
I feel I paid double for a standard room!

Room Tip: I thought this was a Marriott owned....I sure hope not!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
shsasheville, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Asheville, responded to this review, 3 August 2011
Dear Jaokelly,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to Asheville. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed Bele Chere as it is a wonderful festival. I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with the size of your room. We try to make sure that everyone who books understands that we have studio suites at this property and not full suites. The studio suite does not have a door that closes off the living room from the bedroom area and while they are larger than a standard room they are not as large as a full suite.

Again Jaokelly, thank you for staying with us and please accept my apologies for the issues you had.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Enjoyed an extremely comfortable suite here this month. Was in town for my buddy's wedding, and as best man I needed a comfortable place to keep an eye on him the day before. This hotel had everything covered and then some. Not only was it as clean as a whistle, but the amenities were jam-packed. Comfortable couch parked right in front of a wall-mounted hi-def TV; mini fridge; work desk (not on this trip!); 2 twin beds with a SECOND hi def TV between them; and ample closet space for both of our luggage and a high enough clothing bar so our hanging tuxes wouldn't touch the suitcases. If you've ever had to handle a tuxedo, you know this is a huge plus.

The pool area is enclosed, family friendly, and secure - as must swipe your room key for admission from inside and patio door. The patio areas are equipped with comfortable chairs, allow a great view of the Carolina woods. As I was visiting from the Texas Summer Heat, the cool Asheville night breeze was especially relaxing while sitting outdoors.

I give this place 10 out of 10. The room was truly a suite, the staff was courteous, the continental breakfast was tasty and extra coffee was provided as requested. The coffee part was especially important after that bachelor party! I highly recommend this hotel if you're looking for a quality place to hang your hat.

Room Tip: They start you off in the room with 2 packets of regular and 2 decaf - but admitted java junkies sho...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank bacardibeats
Dear Bacardibeats,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your stay and for the great comments you had. I have shared your review with our staff and they were so excited to hear about the great time you had and for your praise of the hotel, staff and coffee. We strive to ensure that every guest has a pleasant stay and a clean room while they are with us.

Thank you again Bacardibeats and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Asheville.