“Young hip vibe with friendly knowledgeable staff”

Aloft Asheville Downtown
Ranked #20 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 28 October 2017

The location was good. Walking distance to nightlife. Room was clean with lots of amenities. Bar/lobby was a comfortable place to congregate. Staff was very friendly and helpful with things to do in Asheville. We were upgraded to a cabana room by the pool which had a nice private view of the sunset and the mountains. A special thank you to Lauren, Sarah, Hope, Julie and the rest of the Aloft Staff for making our first trip to Asheville memorable.

Room Tip: The hotel is very dog-friendly
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,023)

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

The aloft hotel was nice. It was clean and the bar was well staffed and provided great service. Unfortunately hotel prices in Asheville are quite high and may influence expectations. At a lower rate I would recommend the location. Some rooms would have a nice view but ours did not. The concierge did reach out ahead of time to help plan our stay.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CLemyre
AloftAVL, General Manager at Aloft Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Dear Clemyre,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review your stay. I appreciate your kind comments about our staff & hotel bar and I apologize that your expectations were not met. We do review our pricing to ensure we are competitive with the downtown Asheville area however I do understand your feelings about the pricing. I can share with you that we and the other downtown hotels are typically less expensive on Sunday through Thursday nights if your travel plans are flexible next time you visit Asheville.
Thank you again for staying with us.
David McCartney

Reviewed 16 October 2017

I was in Asheville for a concert downtown and wanted a central place to stay where I could walk everywhere. The Aloft was right in the middle of things. Check-in was fast and friendly, the room was very comfortable and spacious. After the concert my wife and I shared a bottle of wine by the fire on the outdoor patio.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2017

My sisters and I stayed here during a birthday celebration.
I didn't give it 5 stars (however the staff deserve 5 stars) because as someone in a wheelchair, the door to the room was hard to manage by myself (we were arriving on different days).
Great restaurants within walking (or rolling) distance.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
AloftAVL, General Manager at Aloft Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear LynnFH2,
Thank you for staying with us and for your kind comments about the staff. I will use your feedback on the doorway as well to make improvements in our facilities.
Thank you again for staying with us and for taking time to review us.
David McCartney

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Very friendly and European. Both young and old feel comfortable here. Extremely dog friendly, if we had known we would have brought our fur babies. Only reason they didn’t get 5 stars is twice they forgot to leave us coffee in room for our early morning needs. Otherwise, stay here... in walking distance to all great restaurants, bars and activities.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
AloftAVL, General Manager at Aloft Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Dear Kevin 5,
Thank you for posting your review and for your kind comments - and yes we love dogs!
I was sorry to hear we missed replenishing the coffee in your room. I apologize and certainly understand why that is disappointing.
Thank you again for talking time to review us.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

This place is located right in downtown Asheville. You can park your car there and never have to move it to explore. The rooms were nice...but the rooftop bar was fantastic. Great drinks and food. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends

Dear kasinthecity,
Thanks so much for taking time to review us and for yoru fun comments!

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Wow!! I was hesitant about touring the city of Asheville but met Holly at the desk who was extremely knowledgeable on the what to see and do. She shared her love for the city and how she loved the architecture so much she moved to Asheville. Myself being a huge history enthusiast for her passion delightful as she shared the history behind several of the buildings, distilleries, and various other host spots including the college surrounding the Biltmore. Because of her I am planning a vacation back to Asheville and hope to have Holly again as a greeter for all the must see and dos in Asheville.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Dear Kennae M,
And Wow back to you for your very nice review and kind comments. We will be sure to share your feedback with our staff and specifically recognize Hope (Holly). Asheville has some really fun history and architecture, so I am glad to hear she helped you enjoy it. We look forward to your next visit!