1,102 results
All reviews wxyz bar pool deck great location dog walk orange peel bagged ice parking garage dog run funky hotel attached garage city bakery hotel is dog friendly city view fire pit wicked weed within walking distance biltmore avenue
Reviewed November 27, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is right in the center of the city, and in walking distance to many great restaurants. The hotel is very, very pet friendly. We brought our 2 pups, and we saw many other dogs in the lobby. The dogs stayed for free. Staff was attentive, friendly and always smiling. Hotel was exceptionally clean for being so pet friendly. Parking was only $9/day which is very reasonable for a city hotel. The hotel is modern and there was live music in the evening in the lobby. We were highly impressed and would definitely stay again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
AloftAVL, General Manager at Aloft Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2017

Dear catrada,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review your stay. I appreciate your kind comments about the staff service and about our hotel amenities & services. I was glad to see you brought your 2 pups and I hope they enjoyed the visit as well.
I will share your comments with our staff and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 27, 2017 via mobile

Location and parking was convenient. Staff was very friendly. We loved the view and the concept of having a dog to adopt in the lobby! A successful program for the hotel.

The mattress was extremely uncomfortable to sleep in, especially for the price of the room.

Liked the atmosphere of the hotel but the comfort of the bed would keep me away.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Kathy M
Reviewed November 25, 2017 via mobile

To be fair, the hotel was clean and staff accommodating. However, and I love dogs, it sort of felt like visiting a kennel. The room had nasty stains on the carpet near the entry door, dogs were barking, fighting, jumping up on seating, and generally everywhere.

Also, you can hear every sound of the neighboring unit, from conversations to opening and closing the shades.

The location is great, and the rooftop deck area is cool. It’s just that when paying for an upper end hotel, the expectation is higher than what we experienced. We won’t go back, leaving this place to the dogs.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Char C
AloftAVL, General Manager at Aloft Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2017

Dear Char C,
Thank you for staying with us and for talking the time to review your stay. I apologize that the environment of having dogs near by was unpleasant for you and for the noise from the neighboring room. I can understand why you felt your expectations were not met. I will use your feedback to make improvements so that we can offer a better experience to all our guests.
Thank you also for the kind comments about staff service and hotel cleanliness. I will share those with the staff on your behalf.

Reviewed November 21, 2017 via mobile

We have stayed at this aloft in the past and have always had great stays. Visited with our family this time and two of us who slept in one of the beds woke up with several bug bites. Asked staff to turn room. When we returned later that evening, room was cleaned but new sheets and comforter had small blood stains on them. Asked staff to have new set of sheets and covers which staff promptly brought up to room. Other issue was pocket door for bathroom did not close. As always the staff were always friendly and responsive. Location is always second to none being right in the center of downtown. Keep in mind that this is a dog friendly hotel complete with small dog walk next to the pool. So don't be surprised by the random barking dog in the halls or lobby every now and then. Not our best stay but hoping this was a one off.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
7  Thank John V
AloftAVL, General Manager at Aloft Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2017

Dear John V.
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review your stay on Trip Advisor. I apologize for the experiences you encountered here at the hotel. I can understand your feelings. I appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention during your stay and letting us work with you to try to resolve it. I understand that it was not fully resolved and as such you may know that we have refunded the cost of your one-night stay.
Thank you for the kind comments about the friendliness and responsiveness of the staff. I will use your feedback to insure this situation was an isolated event.
Thank you again for staying with us and for your comments.
Sincerely

Reviewed November 15, 2017

This hotel is in a great location with lots of shopping and restaurants nearby. The room was clean, the beds comfortable the bathroom very spacious.
The staff was very pleasant and the in garage parking was a big convenience.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple