“One look through the window and you can't walk by !”

Karen Donatelli Bakery and Cafe
Ranked #1 of 26 Bakeries in Asheville
Price range: US$8 - US$10
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 24, 2016

After having lunch and doing some walking around the downtown area, playing tourist, we came upon this spot in downtown. One look in the window and we decided that we had to stop here for some dessert. The fruit tarts and many other pastries are incredible looking and incredibly tasty. It is a charming little place to sit inside and have a treat and enjoy the atmosphere and the aroma of all that incredible pastry or to get a few things to take with you for a dessert later.

1  Thank dexter590

Reviewed October 21, 2016 via mobile

Stopped here on a rainy Friday afternoon and found it to be a delightful, high quality bakery and cafe. Wish I could transplant it in my home town!

1  Thank Christy D
Reviewed October 2, 2016

What a treat to have breakfast at Karen Donatelli's bakery. The best croissants in the USA----felt like I was in a French bakery. The desserts looked amazing and next time I am in Asheville I will have lunch here. My husband loved the coffee. We met Karen and she was delightful ! Be sure and stop here next time you are in Asheville!

2  Thank kelley56green
Reviewed September 13, 2016

Nothing not to love! You must add Karen Donatelli's to your list of must do events while in Asheville. I had heard about it for several years. It easily lived up to its reputation. Great for breakfast items, cakes, cookies, pastries and tarts. We were there to pick up some desert items. Everything we tried was excellent, especially the chocolate chip cookies with nuts. One warning....you need to get there early or reserve the chocolate chip cookies since they run out. You definitely want them warm with milk.

1  Thank Traveler T
Reviewed September 4, 2016

I love their coissants, light, flaky, lots of butter. Once I was disappointed because it was stale and I was overcharged, but many other times I have been delighted. There are lots of lovely sweet treats that I avoid for the calories, but they look just as tasty as what I order.

1  Thank contradancer