“The Best Bakery in Asheville”

Karen Donatelli Bakery and Cafe
Ranked #5 of 27 Bakeries in Asheville
Price range: US$8 - US$10
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 11 November 2016 via mobile

Whenever friends or relatives pop in to visit us here
in Asheville, we always bring them to Karen Donatelli's. Simply the best ...... better than all the
rest! That's not only the best food, but the family and staff are the best as well! Love you guys!

1  Thank Kevin M

Reviewed 3 November 2016 via mobile

My family came from far and wide to visit Asheville and celebrate a special birthday. I ordered the Italian Zuccato cake.
It was far beyond my expectations! It was so beautiful, no one wanted to cut into this masterpiece.
But....it WAS a birthday, after all. Oh, man - it was soooo delicious. A beautiful and tasty surprise for my wife and our Family. A great celebration.

1  Thank davidesullivan
Reviewed 24 October 2016

After having lunch and doing some walking around the downtown area, playing tourist, we came upon this spot in downtown. One look in the window and we decided that we had to stop here for some dessert. The fruit tarts and many other pastries are incredible looking and incredibly tasty. It is a charming little place to sit inside and have a treat and enjoy the atmosphere and the aroma of all that incredible pastry or to get a few things to take with you for a dessert later.

1  Thank dexter590
Reviewed 21 October 2016 via mobile

Stopped here on a rainy Friday afternoon and found it to be a delightful, high quality bakery and cafe. Wish I could transplant it in my home town!

1  Thank Christy D
Reviewed 2 October 2016

What a treat to have breakfast at Karen Donatelli's bakery. The best croissants in the USA----felt like I was in a French bakery. The desserts looked amazing and next time I am in Asheville I will have lunch here. My husband loved the coffee. We met Karen and she was delightful ! Be sure and stop here next time you are in Asheville!

2  Thank kelley56green