“Incredible!”

Yao Buffet Sushi Grill
Ranked #285 of 823 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

I simply do not understand people who gave this place a low rating. First, you went to a buffet. Second, you paid pretty modest prices. Are you expecting a fancy restaurant? Honestly, I feel those reviews are totally unreasonable. Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Having said that, this is NOT a simply a regular Chinese buffet. It is one of the best I have ever been to, and I'm Chinese. The restaurant is quite big, and nicely decorated. Service was excellent.

Buffet is very large, and they have thought of everything. Chinese food, dim sum items, noodle soup station, hibachi station, sushi (lots of variety and lots of real sashimi fish in the rolls -- rare in buffets), 8 soups including 2 Thai soups, Thai food (Pad Thai, Thai chicken etc), and lots of dessert options. I had them grill some steak for me on the hibachi grill. The food tasted right "on."

I literally just left the restaurant for Sunday lunch and paid $9.50 plus tax. Ridiculous price.

Where else can you eat all of this incredible food for this price? Too bad they don't have this closer to where I live.

Reviewed 23 October 2016

This place has a great variety of food. Sushi bar is good although sometimes better than others. Fresh fruit, salads, desserts, american food (fried chicken, pizza, etc). Good variety of cheap Chinese food. Nothing amazing, but good variety and good prices. LOTS OF PEOPLE. Do not expect to have a quiet meal here.

Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

A local favorite I was told so why not give it a try while visiting Asheville
Extremely clean for a busy Wednesday evening including keeping empty plates off the tables
Servers work very hard as does the hibachi grill cook so please show gratitude with deserving tips
Food selection is excellent with so many choices including dessert and sushi
Buffet kept clean and full and food is just right
Great tasting meals!
I eat a lot of Asian up and down the east coast and this restaurant has earned my trust and 5 - star rating
As an out of town person I would add this restaurant to my "meal while visiting Asheville "

Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

Loved the selection! There wasn't a thing I tried that wasn't good! (Except the oysters but that's just because oysters are gross. I just wanted to experiment). Amazing selection at the sushi bar and lots of vegetarian options that were delicious! Pizza and mac and cheese were available for the kids. Price was $12.50 a person at dinner time and it was worth every cent. Very prompt service for refilling drinks.

Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

We stumbled upon this restaurant after checking in to our hotel down the street.

The choices of food were amazing and delicious! They had a sushi area, hibachi grill, Chinese food, desserts, salad bar and more. And the price for our meal was very reasonable. Everything was fresh, food plentiful and staff was friendly and attentive.