“Awe-mazing food!”

Ranked #39 of 859 Restaurants in Asheville
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Laughing Seed Cafe is Asheville's original downtown international vegetarian restaurant. We've provided the finest organic, local, and farm-to-table vegetarian cuisine with an international flair for twenty years and counting.
Reviewed November 2, 2018

We had lunch, drinks and dessert. Plate presentation was beautiful. We split the spinach pesto manicotti and the harmony bowl. The first was raw and to die for...2=nice sized zucchini noodles rolled around cashew “ricotta,” with pesto, sundried tomato sauce, olives, etc. The bowl was a nice portion with well seasoned tofu, warm veggies, beans and rice so was a well rounded meal with grain, veggies and 2 proteins... superb sesame ginger dressing to top it off. The Manhattan was exquisite and the mojito just right. We had an oatmeal pie cookie and a baklava for dessert. The waitress gave great information.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed October 26, 2018

This place has the only tempeh I can eat. Delicious Reuben! I like this place & feel like I'm putting clean food in my body. I always leave feeling satisfied. The service is not the best.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

I’m not vegetarian or a vegan, but this place makes me want to try. The menu was super diverse and everything was delicious! I will definitely go back next time I’m in Asheville.

Reviewed October 10, 2018

My friends are vegan, but I am not, but I had Thai Panang Curry, that is both gluten free and Vegetarian. It was filling and had great flavor. We sat outdoors and could watch all the people walking up and down the very busy downtown location. I highly recommend it even if you are not particular vegetarian, you wont miss the meat.

Reviewed October 10, 2018

Amazing pizza - and not a bit of grain to be found. And you would not know it (I did not know initially). Do not forget the tasty fragrant various appetizers. Service is knowledgeable.

And the Ginger “Cider” (not cider but not sure what else to call it). If you love ginger - you will be in heaven, as I was.

An amazing local restaurant which should be fully supported!