This was a nice hotel with a historic feel and a nice view. The historical feel was a little unsettling to me - part of me felt like it was a beatiful old historic hotel, and the other part of me felt like the historic feel was played up a little too much in an effort to not spend money on renovations. The furniture and architecture in the lobby and dining area were beautiful and fitting for an upscale historic hotel. However, the room that we were in was not special at all and contained a popcorn ceiling, no balcony furniture, and very dated furniture. Check-in was a breeze (although we arrived late at night). The location was convenient to highways and a few restaurants, but it didn't seem like there was a whole lot else around. I am not familar with Asheville and we did not get to do much sightseeing during our trip, so I don't know how central the hotel is to the hotspots of Asheville. We received a group rate for our stay, so I would say that the value was good. If I had to pay the full rack rate, I would be very disappointed in this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, a sanctuary of elegance and a welcome retreat from the busy world. Nestled against the majestic backdrop of the Blue Ridge Mountains on 125 acres, this year-round resort provides all the comforts for the leisure and business traveler alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville Hotel Asheville
- Crowne Plaza Asheville
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Asheville