“Horrible Service”

O.Henry's / The Underground
Ranked #44 of 62 Nightlife in Asheville
Reviewed July 2, 2017 via mobile

I am so upset with this place. The bartenders are unfriendly. I sat for twenty minutes while the bartender ignored me and then when a new bartender came in I ordered the absolute Bloody Mary special and he passed off house rotgut as absolut. This is absolutely one of the worst bar experiences that I have ever had.

Date of experience: July 2017

Reviewed February 17, 2017 via mobile

When you only have one bartender on a Friday night, and it takes 45 minutes for the bartender to even acknowledge you and then she says she can't close you out yet bc she has to wait on others???? Ridiculous. And to top it off the owner is sitting at the end of the bar and is not helping her out. The days of this historic bar are numbered with service like that. It's a shame.

Date of experience: February 2017
1  Thank Rod L
Reviewed October 31, 2016 via mobile

Excellent place, good music and great cocktails; I had a good time there. One of my new favorite bars.

Date of experience: November 2016
1  Thank leoigneo
Reviewed October 15, 2016

I went for the first time recently with my daughter to meet up with friends and family. It was fun to have a drink (nonalcoholic and alcoholic) and just enjoy visiting with the people. I hear this place is one of the oldest (40 years) gay bars in Asheville. We went on a night when they were having Karaoke. I appreciate anyone brave enough to stand up in front of a crowd of people and sing.

Date of experience: October 2016